Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. shmelmafinga

Those of you with HID's...

Thanks for using some consideration before leaping into HIDs. I've never used them myself. I firmly believe that if you can't see with your factory lights - slow the heck down! That said, I've rarely ever "flashed" an oncoming vehicle with HIDs, but really wish they'd put more effort into...
  2. shmelmafinga

04 Explorer clunks and binds

What do mean the front diff "jumps"? Has a mounting bolt come loose or a bracket broken? How are the CV joints, ball joints and such? How does it behave at high speed?
  3. shmelmafinga

Clicking problem when air turned on

A/C or fan clutch?
  4. shmelmafinga

worst last day of school ever

Looks like your X did its job. You're safe. 4K ain't cheap but it could have been you that needed repairs. BTW awesome paint. I like that colour.
  5. shmelmafinga

Santa is coming soon. What is on your wish list?

New gearing and selectable lockers. I don't think I've been well enough behaved though...
  6. shmelmafinga

Thank you very much. I owe you. My guess is that there are a lot of us that owe you. Please keep...

Thank you very much. I owe you. My guess is that there are a lot of us that owe you. Please keep up the good work and think of me if there's something you think I might have to offer as payback.
  7. shmelmafinga

Wow...what a day...

How many miles do you have on that thing to need new EVAP can and belt?
  8. shmelmafinga

Synthetic Question

I switched my Aerostar to Mobil 1 synthetic at 35 000K. 355 000 now - still running strong. I switched my Explorer to Mobil 1 synthetic at 30 000K. 31 000 now - still running strong.
  9. shmelmafinga

stretchin out...

Inspirational...
  10. shmelmafinga

factory posi?

I can't remember where I first saw it, but someone on this site posted this link: ht tp://www.sierrabronco.com/TireGearRatio.htm It looks to be pretty accurate. Choose your tire size based on the type of performance you need.
  11. shmelmafinga

Announce your New "Elite" Status here...

Usually I'll just take whats offered for free, but all of you have so much to offer and I really have little to contribute. I paid the money because its a tenth of what you already saved me. Thanks!
  12. shmelmafinga

plug broke; small chip fell into hole

A happy (and not too expensive) ending!
  13. shmelmafinga

plug broke; small chip fell into hole

I'm not sure but I think I missed something... did you get the broken parts of the plug out yet? Don't start your engine again if you don't have a complete set of sparkplug jigsaw pieces. If you get your new plug to seat properly it won't do you any good with a chunk of porcelain in your...
  14. shmelmafinga

I've been very very busy;) My 1996 V8 Mods

Looks great! Did you do your own window tinting? I've been thinking about it a lot but keep chickening out.
  15. shmelmafinga

Battery volt gauge fuse blowing

I was trying to trace wires on everything that I could find on fuse 18. The rear washer pump and wiper motor are on that one too. Pulled the hatch panel off and found the black(ground) and hot(red) had the insulation rubbed through against the motor bracket. One of the nylon plugs that keep...
  16. shmelmafinga

Got it! Hot wire to the rear window wiper motor grounding out. Thanks for the help, Brooklyn.
  17. shmelmafinga

what boredom can get you into

You could come fix some of my trucks...
  18. shmelmafinga

Off road mini van.

I like to look at ass. One day I hope to drive... ahh, nevermind.
  19. shmelmafinga

Having trouble finding shop to install mods

There's a tire shop here in Calgary that used to advertise their ability to install and modify for oversized tires and they even helped you figure out how big and what you need to do on an online questionaire. It seemed like overnight the oversize tire webpage came down and they stopped...
  20. shmelmafinga

Off road mini van.

I've long dreamed about doing something like that with one of my Aerostars. I can't wait to see what you build!
  21. shmelmafinga

I didn't notice until now, but the fuel and temp gauge don't work with the fuse gone either. (Oil press gauge never has worked) Hard braking doesn't seem to make a difference. The first time it blew was on the highway at an easy cruise, and from there its blown in all kinds of random situations...
  22. shmelmafinga

95 Aerostar ignition switch replacement.

Sadly, I'm one of those guys that needs a lot of help and has very little to offer in return. When I get control of some other issues with my van, I'll do the PVC rocker panels and I'll post lots of pics from start to finish. I already cut a test piece of 4" ABS just to see how it might work...
  23. shmelmafinga

4.0 SOHC auto RPMs

Mine runs at about 2000 rpm. 3:55 rear end, P245/65R17 tires. AT 75MPH its still well below 2500 rpm.
  24. shmelmafinga

It's fuse 18. Operates warning bells and flashers according to my owner's manual. Darn Hayes manual is no better... it tells you the simple stuff, but when you really need some good info they say "take it to a mechanic". There's no decent schematic that I've found so far.
  25. shmelmafinga

95 Aerostar ignition switch replacement.

That's first good idea I've come across for my rotten rocker panels. I'll do it!
Back