Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Almost Stalling??

Lately, whenever I'm at a red light my rpms will drop below 1. Then it will begin to stall but the rpms will rev up to 1 and then drop again below 1. It will continue to do i until I press the gas and take off. The weird thing is it hasnt stalled yet but it seems its going to. Any Clues?? I...
  2. M

Major Hesitation in initial accleration????

I have 145,000 miles and I've never had a tune-up. Could it be my spark plugs??
  3. M

Major Hesitation in initial accleration????

When I first acclerate my explorer hesitates for about 10 seconds but then it finally goes. However, if I gently press on the gas and keep it below 2 rpm until I reach 15mph. I can then acclerate as much as I want and no problems. I thought I might have gotten bad gas...so I filled up with...
  4. M

How Do I reset my ABS??

Thanks, I did what you said yesterday and they were the right rotors.
  5. M

How Do I reset my ABS??

I took apart my front end and needed to unplug the abs. I plugged it back in after I was done. Now when I press the brakes and right before I come to a stop, my brakes kick back at me like i'm trying to stop on ice. I think I need to reset my abs. How do I do so?
  6. M

My Hood won't open??

Anything I can do to open it without takin it to the shop. I life the hood open lever but my hood wont pop open. Help!!
  7. M

No Amp Bypass Kit Fits???Please Help

Every amp byapss kit I buy doesnt fit the factory amp in my 98 explorer with premium not jbl sound. Theres two wires and its really starting to frustrate me.
  8. M

No Sound???????

Also, which amp bypass kit shoud I buy? This for a premium amp...not jbl. Also, how much is the bypass kit?
  9. M

No Sound???????

I tied the blue-white wire to the black wire and the sound magically appeared. Do I have to take apart this wiring in order for the amp bypass to work or can I just leave the wiring as is???
  10. M

No Sound???????

Thanx guys it works now. However, I'm still going to get the amp bypass kit. Once I install the bypass kit do I have to go back to the wiring attached to the HU and disconnect the cables for the amp.
  11. M

No Sound???????

I have no instructions.
  12. M

No Sound???????

How much is the bypass kit like 20 bucks??? The blue-white wire attached to the head unit or the blue-white wire attached to the wiring kit and do I attach it to the black wire that says amp ground or amp turn on??? The black wire attached to the HU is attached currently to the black wire from...
  13. M

No Sound???????

Do u know what color the remote wire is?? This is my first installation, so im tryin to learn. Do I just leave the back amp alone? The amp turn-on wire is blue with a white stripe what do I attach that to??
  14. M

No Sound???????

I Just wired my HU and installed it but it lights up and is on but there's no sound. Is it because of the stock amp which is still hooked up? Should I bypass it and then the sound will arrive?? Or did I wire the HU wrong?? Please help!!!
Back