Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

7" touch screen recievers

Does anyone know of any medium priced in dash 7" touch screens? maybe about 200-250$$?? I was looking at some pioneer models but they are over 400 plus instalation fees. There seems to be alot of cheap models but I am not sure if they are worth buying or if they are any good.
  2. R

will this touch screen reciever fit???

they arent the same reciever. the one i am trying to install would be a 7" full touch screen screen rather then the 5.8". also the one i am looking at is mechanical where the face plate slides and comes out to put the cd in behind the face. The 5.8" has the cd entry in the front and is not...
  3. R

will this touch screen reciever fit???

Does anyone know if this touch screen will fit a 2003 explorer sport trac? If so, what modifications must be done? Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD http://www.crutchfield.com/s_130AVHP420/Pioneer-AVH-P4200DVD.html?search=Pioneer+VENDORID130&tp=20217
  4. R

Premium cd changer errors

i disconnected the negative terminal for about 5-10 minutesand it still is not reseting the radio at all. how long did you keep it disconnected?
  5. R

Im not sure what all that is. When i try to listen to a cd the display reads "CD ERROR" I can not eject or load into any of the 6 slots.
  6. R

What is the acm?
  7. R

How can I reset my stock CD changer for my 02 sport trac with out taking it out? I have errors every time i try to play a cd and i can not eject them.
  8. R

Interior bulb sizes

thanks man I found it in my manual
  9. R

Interior bulb sizes

Does anyone know or have a link to what type/size of bulbs my interior has? Im looking to change all of them to hyper white.
  10. R

exhaust

any suggesttions for brand name? type? style? I have never looked into this before
  11. R

exhaust

I am looking to make my sport trac sound a little meaner for under 150$. is this possible to do without buying a whole new exhaust kit?
  12. R

Previous ownder replaced engine, how do I find what yr Explorer it came from? HELP!

exhaust looking to find a way to make my sport trac sound meaner for under 200$. any ideas on a cheap exhaust?
  13. R

Front end noise

I had the same problem with my 03 sport trac last month with the same sounds. I brought it to a mechanic and he said it was the front HUB wheel bearings wich were under my bumper to bumper warrenty. He said this is a common problem with all explorers and it happens with 80k-100k. Let me...
  14. R

Rear brake pad change on 03 explorer sport trac

How do i change my rear brake pads on my 03 explorer sport trac? How can i tell if the rotors are shot once the tire is off?
  15. R

01 Tonneau Cover Problem

I tried to pri open the stem part that comes down from from the key hole entery. There seems to be small rivets keeping the stem piece closed. Is this something that should be opened a certain way so it will not break? I do not want to use too much force.
  16. R

01 Tonneau Cover Problem

your replys have been very helpful. I actually bought some bicycle cables and used them and they actually work fine for temporary use. My only problem is finding the right tension on the cables to open and close the lock. I have to pull the cable manually to open and push the clip on the lock...
  17. R

01 Tonneau Cover Problem

the OEM cables werent too bad you are right. Do you know how difficult it is to replace these cables? What else do I need to buy to replace them? I am looking into doing it myself
  18. R

01 Tonneau Cover Problem

The oem cables are ridiculously over priced. I have the same problem with my 03 trac and a auto shop wanted 145$ for the cables straight from ford plus labor. I laughed in the guys face and walked out. Thanks for the tip im gonna try to do it myself.
  19. R

Must see! Pics!

hey is your kenwood deck motorized or stationary? i heard you cant put double dins recievers in a trac because the deck hits the mounting kit when it tilts down to put the cd in?
  20. R

motorized double din

does anyone know if there is a problem with a motorized double din fitting in an 2003 explorer trac? I brought the Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD to a installer and he said it would be a problem because it tilts down to enter the cd. does anyone have this problem?? If you shave the back of the opening...
  21. R

clear corners

oh ok send me a link to the lights that only turn yellow when they blink
  22. R

clear corners

how do i get my corner head lights to look like this and is it legal? do i buy clear corners and keep the amber bulbs or do i have to change them too? http://www.explorerforum.com/photopost/data/502/7134clears8.jpg
  23. R

in dash reciever for 03 sport trac

basically how do it get it like this and is it legal??? http://www.explorerforum.com/photopost/data/502/7134clears8.jpg
  24. R

so would it change the yellow apperance if i got the "clear corners" when i leave the amber bulbs in? or would it stay the same?
  25. R

nice sounds good. i thought it was because it was gonna stick out too much and now push all the way in. i didnt know it was a width issue of the hole.
Back