in dash reciever for 03 sport trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

in dash reciever for 03 sport trac

rurso684

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 SPORT TRAC XLT
Im trying to find a in dash reciver for my 03 sport trac. why does crutchfield say none of the touch screens fit it? is there a special mounting kit i need to purchase? is the opening not deep enough? the one i am looking at is the Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD. does anyone else have this problem when looking for a touch screen face?

Also if i buy the clear corners but keep the amber light bulb in, will the corners still show clear when im not using the blinker? or do i need to change the color of the blinker light alsoto white??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im trying to find a in dash reciver for my 03 sport trac. why does crutchfield say none of the touch screens fit it? is there a special mounting kit i need to purchase? is the opening not deep enough? the one i am looking at is the Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD. does anyone else have this problem when looking for a touch screen face?

Also if i buy the clear corners but keep the amber light bulb in, will the corners still show clear when im not using the blinker? or do i need to change the color of the blinker light alsoto white??

Crutchfield thinks nothing fits because the explorers don't have a full double-din opening. Explorers have something like 1.5 din. Not exactly sure what your bezel looks like but on second gen explorers with a little shaving of the plastic bezel the opening can be widened to fit a regular double-din unit

bezel? is that the rim around the deck your talking about?

Yea its the plastic thing that surrounds the radio and all of the switches/knobs around the radio. If you pull your radio out there will be a big hole in the middle of it and thats the opening you have to enlarge

nice sounds good. i thought it was because it was gonna stick out too much and now push all the way in. i didnt know it was a width issue of the hole.

Also, as far as I know the actual bulb itself has to remain amber. I believe it is illegal for your front turn signal to be any other color.

so would it change the yellow apperance if i got the "clear corners" when i leave the amber bulbs in? or would it stay the same?

Back