Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

4.0 Modified Crate Engines

crate motors ok let me get this straight, there is a guy who can bore out and modify the first generation 4.0 pushrod motor, with 165 h.p., to 400 plus h.p., i am intrigued. i would love to know how he manages this. does he use the stock crank, rocker arms etc etc.
  2. M

4.5-5" Torsion Twist pictures

torsion bar bolts i helped dave put the lift on his 97 and every body we talked to at the off road shops said that it would blow the CV joints if you tightened them over 2 inches of lift on the four wheel drives. i agree with this because we did the same style lift to a 98 chevy Z71 and the day...
  3. M

whistling noise

i just had my engine tuned up and when i got my truck back it now makes a whistling noise at certain rpm's[1,100-4,000]. can any one explain this? it almost soundslike the whine of a low boost super charger.
  4. M

'91-'94 brake lines no longer made

you can get them at o'reilly auto parts, they are made by brake best and the are oem replacments
  5. M

4x2 into a 4x4

not too be mean or anything, but why would you buy an '02? granted they are very nice vehicles but the capability just isnt there. there are no lift kits available and when they do come out they are going to be ungodly expensive. i agree with jason, sell itand buy something that is four wheel...
  6. M

5 Bucks to Whoever Can Diagnose Rough Idle

check the idle controller, thats what caused my 93 to have rough idle
  7. M

good lift for 93 2wd?

ok then what do you do about the front end. the truck will have a raked look. hes goin to have to buy 2" coils to mactch the warriors in the back
  8. M

1993 Fuse Box Schematic

get a chilton manual. they give a complete diagram for 90-99 you cant get them at orielly's or order one online
  9. M

help, explorer won't stay running

check your idle control, it is located on the intake manifold usually on the drivers side. if that is not the cause you need to check/replace your mas air flow sensor at the ait box
Back