Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Center Console for Ford Explorer Police Interceptor

I just bought one for $50 from a regular Explorer and made some modifications,
  2. A

Rear Cargo Compartment

These get wrecked all the time. Shouldn't be hard to find one with a junkyard search and shouldn't be more than $50 or $75.
  3. A

I researched the aftermarket consoles before getting an OEM one, and they all looked cheap and homemade. If you have a nice truck, don't cheap out (and some of the aftermarket ones aren't cheap) find an original Ford console.
  4. A

From what I heard, more trouble than they are worth and they look home made. I just went with a piece of textured plastic and added some power outlets.
  5. A

spare tire 2013 PIU

That factory spare must weigh over 60 pounds if not close to 80. Took mine out to clean the tire well, and couldn't lift it back. Had to use a 2x4 as a ramp. As long as the donut is the same diameter and the wheel fits, it should be fine.
  6. A

Rear Cargo Compartment

Stupid question but why mess around trying to diy something that will always look home made when you can get the panels at a junk yard from a wrecked PIU and have the factory original parts?
  7. A

Magnetic microphone mount

I had the microphone wrapped around the mirror and wanted something neater. I was looking for an alternative to a regular clip type mount that would screw into the dash or center console. Thought of using A Magnetic Mic Clip for Police and CB Radios but that still requires you to mount a magnet...
  8. A

I don't think it's absolutely necessary but it won't be as secure as it should be without it and may feel loose. I made sure it came with the console when I bought it.
  9. A

What a PITA to remove rear wheel bearings

Ordered one SKF bearing since they say it's made in USA. Timken and Motorcraft say China. Took both bearings out but one of them felt nice and smooth so cleaned out the corrosion on the knuckle, slathered it with anti-seize and put it back.
  10. A

Does a 2015 PIU transmission have a replaceable filter?

With the 3.7L engine. By replaceable I mean without taking apart the transmission. And are the fluids changed on the transfer case and read axle?
  11. A

What a PITA to remove rear wheel bearings

The rear bearings were getting loud in my 2015 PIU so it was time to change them. Getting access and everything else out of the way was pretty straight forward. Wheel off, caliper and bracket off, rotor off, axle nut removed, axle pressed in, four hub bolts removed. That took less than an hour...
  12. A

:sigh: Another LED bites the dust... and Ford's answer blows

Never mind. Turns out I left one of the connectors unplugged after having the headlight out to replace the red/blue strobe.
  13. A

:sigh: Another LED bites the dust... and Ford's answer blows

Any new replacement options come up in the last 3 years? Just noticed the right front turn signal is out, but the wigwag strobe functions normally. Does anyone rebuild them? FWIW, the red/blue strobe in the headlight that Ford wanted $300, I found for $75 by Whelen plus a $10 mounting adapter.
  14. A

Folding down AND tumbling PIU rear seats

It's not bolted down on civilian models so who knows. It's not like you will be driving around like that for very long. No, it's not welded to the floor.
  15. A

Recall - Rear Suspension Safety Issue

140,000 Pennsylvania miles.
  16. A

I just looked it up at the NHTSA Recall site by vin. I see it says they replace the knuckles. What about the wheel bearings? Wouldn't they pretty much destroy those getting them off the knuckle or the axle shaft off the bearing?
  17. A

Is there a recall thread here? I noticed my truck is eligible for 20V-675 and 21V-537. Wondering what they will do.
  18. A

Folding down AND tumbling PIU rear seats

I haven't seen this mentioned before, but as most have figured out, the rear seat backs only fold down, but then won't tumble forward like on civilian models. They are fastened down but they do have the tumble feature built in. To tumble them, remove this bolt at the side, and these two nuts...
  19. A

Underpowered 2013 PIU

There isn't a gas car sold in over 10 years that came with a replaceable fuel filter.
  20. A

Underpowered 2013 PIU

4600 pounds and 300 HP. It's not going to drive like a Mustang GT.
  21. A

Underpowered 2013 PIU

Are you saying it wont go over 70 or 80?
  22. A

Installed. Just having trouble installing the rear panel on the console with the cup holder. Can't fit it in with that bar in place.
Back