Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

My New Front Bumper

Who do you think you are running hella 4000's? They sure do complete the look though, i'm jealous...how much room do you have to get the covers on/off? Looks a lil' tight..
  2. W

Pismo Beach '08 Part 1

wish i would have checked here earlier...i drove back and forth on sand highway for about 45 mins but didn't see any explorers...then i get home check the site and the info i would have needed is now posted...oh well, if you guys are planning on staying til tom.(sun) let me know so i can cruise...
  3. W

Pismo Beach '08 Part 1

Doesn't look like it's going to be much of a run then does it? So the only for sure's are RJ and Lifeguard? I know arvin (clarkkent) said he was probably working and didn't know when he would get done/if he would be able to make it out and like i said earlier in this thread i have finals next...
  4. W

My New Front Bumper

Nice, but you know what this means................night run! Oh, and get a skid plate on that thing would ya? Looks good Sean.
  5. W

Im Now Lifted! but.....

yes......my idea is that every truck is different, just trim the plastic 'ground effects' where the tire rubs it and then you'll be fine...it's very common
  6. W

Pismo Beach '08 Part 1

Cool...you could crash at my place too if you need to
  7. W

Pismo Beach '08 Part 1

Sean- you should take the train up here...cheaper than gas, and plus it's not like you wouldn't have a seat, i'm sure there will be more than enough room with all the rigs making the trek over here...just a thought if you really wanted to go...? But i feel you on the money side of things, i...
  8. W

Pismo Beach '08 Part 1

I don't know how i missed this 7 page thread...but i should be more than able to show up for a little bit but probably can't stay that long(weekend before finals)
  9. W

replace torsion bars with coilovers?

agreed, that thread is a little bit messy..and as stated you could go tower or hoop for the upper mount...here's a picture of my set up and mounted this picture gives you an idea for the lower mount, it's just two shock tabs welded to the lower arm you could either go...
  10. W

RCD shock and mount numbers.

Well you can get a 5" or 6.5" travel 2.0" diameter coilover. you'll have to measure the extended and collapsed lengths between the shock mounts after you figure out how you will be mounting the coilovers(to figure out which length will fit the application), unless someone already has these...
  11. W

well most people you talk to will tell you to run any shock at 90* at full bump, however for non-racing and mostly daily driven applications, it doesn't matter, especially if it's only a matter of 10* either way.
  12. W

ok well that makes a lot more sense...so essentially youre just going to be running a threaded body shock in the rear....done and done!
  13. W

Wait, wait....i had to reread it, you said 3 link eventually...? so you're planning on running coilovers with leaf springs....thats ridiculous, if you're that concerned with ride quality get some deavers or national leaf springs and run a shock that is revalveable that way you can dial it in...
  14. W

i second that...for multiple reasons.... and i know c/o's in the rear aren't strictly for baja i was just trying to make the point that with c/o up front and leafs in the rear you'll still do great in the sand... And no, i haven't gotten the new springs on yet, probably won't be until summer...
  15. W

well i've had the coilovers on for about a year now...they're perfect for me the only thing i need to mess with is the spring rate...but why don't you just sell the 8.5 for some 6.5's i think it will be more trouble to keep them and force them to work in a three link it' s, as i'm sure you know...
  16. W

Whats the reasoning behind that? And how is it set up?
  17. W

98 Explorer Sport lift question

Well i would do it myself...if you have a mechanically inclined friend to help then i would definitely do it myself...but allocate a full day to do it(it's not going to be like an oil change or anything)...check out the fabtech website though for the directions and read them carefully...
  18. W

2001 Sport Fender Flares

Try giving Baker motorsports a call (714) 891-3086 as far as i know they're the only ones who have made fenders for the newer body styles. They might be pretty expensive though so don't be shocked.
  19. W

No thats not the kit you want...thats for a coil sprung ranger...for some reason i thought pro comp was discontinuing the explorer spindle(i could be wrong) as far as i know the only current options are doetsch, like i mentioned above or fabtech...
  20. W

doetsch makes spindles...or any other ranger edge spindle you can find will fit EDIT: here's your link http://www.doetsch-shocks.com/9.asp
  21. W

I don't understand how you still think it will bind??? I'm confused..unless you're saying that you agree that it won't bind, i can't tell? Anyways i'm planning on sticking with the 750 main....talking with both companies that make long travel specific kits for explorers as well as individuals...
  22. W

Right-but i was just saying conservatively if the 6" spring takes all the compression all by itself it still won't bind. that being said since the 2.16" compression distribution will be taken on by both springs it is easy to see that there will be no binding.
  23. W

No thats correct but it shouldn't compress all the way it will have an initial of 348 lbs/in like you said..and my best guess is that i'll need about 750lbs from each spring to take the vehicles weight at ride height, therefore the 6" spring will be compressed by 2.16" and according to the...
  24. W

No i'll probably need to compress the spring to make it fit..i'm sure dialing in a spring rate will be even easier on a 6.5" body shock, no dual rate setup to think about and i think eibach makes a 12" spring up to 1000 lbs so getting the correct weight shouldn't be an issue
  25. W

GIJOE's Desert Explorer

Thats pretty cool...do you have any schedule laid out as to when the rest of the parts are going on....i want to see that suspension already, that hub upgrade kit is pretty sweet too if i had the money i would definitely do it.
Back