Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

1998 Ford Explorer display in roof not working

Thank you very much! :) I will see if I can make it work this way
  2. A

1998 Ford Explorer display in roof not working

I have the typical problem that the display in the roof is not working on my 98 Explorer. The display is supposed to show clock, temperature and some more, right? Anyway, where can I get a replacement for this? And is it difficult to replace myself?
  3. A

Explorer model year issues

Thank you for the speedy reply. I know that my car is produced the 7th of August 1998. That is not the problem. The problem is that most of the pumps in 1999 does NOT have fuel return, while every 1998 model has fuel return (USA built). My mechanic claims that my 1998 does NOT have fuel...
  4. A

Explorer model year issues

I have some trouble finding the correct parts for my 1998/1999 Explorer. The database says it is a 1998 model, but it is produced in august 1998. The 1999 model came in september 1998. I have trouble finding the correct fuel pump assembly. Is it possible that my car is supposed to have the...
  5. A

Fuel pump problems

Come to think of it.....what is the excact purpose of the strainer? Only a filter, or has it other purposes?
  6. A

Fuel pump problems

There is actually something like two weeks between every time the pump has failed. I live in Norway btw. I don't know if the filter sock was replaced, but I will check that out! It probably was not changed.
  7. A

Fuel pump problems

I know that the fuel filter is recently changed as well. I do not know about the "sock", but I can ask the workshop who did the job. And I always add anti-freeze in the winter. I know that the pump are very cheap, yes.
  8. A

Fuel pump problems

You mean that can cause the pump to break all the time?
  9. A

Fuel pump problems

I actually do not know what kind of pump is there anymore. The only thing I do know, is that it is not the original one. The fuel and sender assembly has both been changed.
  10. A

Fuel pump problems

It seems like my 98 Explorer is "eating" fuel pumps. The pump has now been changed four times while I have owned it. How is this possible? Kan it be something else that is really the problem?
  11. A

1999 Ford Explorer power antenna issues

Sounds good! Thank you
  12. A

My local Ford-dealer told me that it's impossible to buy just the "rope and mast" for my antenna. They told me that I have to buy the Whole unit. I believe they are wrong. What do you think?
  13. A

I have some problems with my power antenna. The power antenna motor works just fine, I can hear it working when I turn the radio on. If I turn the radio off and then push the antenna stick down, it goes down. And when I turn on the radio again it goes up, but not fully extended. But then it...
  14. A

1999 Explorer 4WD Auto issues

Thank you for the reply! I guess you're tight then.. I stops the vehicle spinning, so I guess it does it's job :)
  15. A

1999 Explorer 4WD Auto issues

I have recently experienced some issues With the Auto-mode on my Explorer. I live in Norway and the roads are some times really slippery and full of ice. When my rear Wheels start to sleep i hear some bad noices in the front, and I notice that the front Wheels does not engage as they should...
  16. A

How many psi should the fuel pump give?

I tried this, and guess what - the engined smoothed out just like you said :) So the intake manifold gasket was the problem. Thank you all for great help :)
  17. A

You have a good point there. However, it definitely looks to me like it is the Intake manifold gaskets which is causing the problem. The bad idling is almost gone when the engine is warm, and the idling is totally useless when cold.
  18. A

I have been to the workshop today and read the trouble codes. The trouble code was P0174. I do not know exactly what it means, but I think it has something to do with vacuum or air control. Any ideas? :)
  19. A

Thank you for your reply! Yes, the Check Engine light in on all the time, and I have checked the oil level. I actually don't know if the mechanic has read the trouble codes. But it sounds like I have to talk to him tomorrow. Do you think the IAC (idle air controller) can be the problem?
  20. A

My 1999 Explorer runs rough at idle when could. The mechanic that looked at the problem thought the fuel pump was the problem. He tested the pump and it only gave around 13-15 psi when running at idle, and he ment it was supposed to give around 30psi. He changed the pump, and it did not help at...
Back