Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Explorer owners in PA

good to see so many people around PA as soon as I get another EX maybe we can plan something (bounced mine off light poll) or start a club of PA owners any thoughts
  2. F

Explorer V8 99-00 questions

looking at getting a 99-00 5.0 Explorer can i use motor parts from a 5.0 mustang like the intake maybe a gt40 set up with a supercharger and juice? don't want another 4.0 motor anyone know about this or advice next step IS AN EXPEDITION but want to stay with the explorer:D
  3. F

Performance mods for SOHC?

The motor is long gone, but the chip issues did not cause any problems I often ran 89 octane daily but also used 92 on up and no knocking or pings I have even ran 87 but for best performance use the higher octane
  4. F

Performance mods for SOHC?

I had a SOHC but finding serious parts for horsepower are the problem next one is going to be a V8 or OHC 4,0 after my truck had some modes it ran great but your limited
  5. F

VIN Help Please

I double checked the numbers and looked at the registratuion card VIN#1FMYU24E1XUC62200 this is also the vin on the dash but not on the title can you decode this one? didn't the X's come with 8.8 rears?
  6. F

VIN Help Please

I'm going to double check the vins from the dash and the registration and see where the confusion is tonight..look for a post this evening
  7. F

Floor Shifter conversion

Howard more detailed picturtes would be grteat to see if it could be converted to lefthanded and what type of cable and system it uses, do you have a pushbutton for the overdrive on the dash?
  8. F

VIN Help Please

it has the three tubes and on the radiator support it has a picture of the belt system for the SOHC, I'm going to the shop tomorrow to find out about the recalls and see why the VIN could be mixed up, I bought the truck used maybe a motor change? I just replaced the theromostat and I needed the...
  9. F

VIN Help Please

the cover on the intake say's SOHC the motor should be an E code right? what is the OHV then? where will it be located on the block?
  10. F

Floor Shifter conversion

Ford Parts direct does not deal withg Euro parts and the two other euro companies I mailed came back with an error message....going to have to due some more surfing
  11. F

VIN Help Please

I have tried but cannot read my VIN to find what gears etc. any help would be great VIN# 1FMYU24X2XUC24511 it's heard to order parts when your not sure what you have, what rear would this be?
  12. F

Floor Shifter conversion

thanks for the link to contact, sent him an e-mail and contacted a UK company that has parts for sale thanks again
  13. F

Floor Shifter conversion

Howard/ floorshifter would it be possible to find out what trans they came in? what did you mean by backwards? i wonder if i could track down a scrap yard somewhere in the u.k. that would be willing to send a set-up, even with the hardware I could probally fit a newer style sfifter in, please...
  14. F

4.0 SOHC

to Doug904 doug904, how were you able to use a M90- and what type of fabrication did it take? you seem to have a good source of parts for the the SOHC. Where were you able to track them down? I'm looking for nore than the basic bolt-on's. Will you be able to run juice with the supercharger...
  15. F

who supercharged with the SOHC

Someone posted here tha they posted that they supercharger with a m-90 I believe on the SOHC, any specs and what special mods had to be made, I'm sure custom parts had to be fabricated, if you know who it is plese have him post me thanks in advance:redexp:
  16. F

Mac cold air intake install? need help

Does anyone have the install papers for this to fit a 99 sport with the SOHC and some advice or how to do it, I currently use the KKM True Rev install
  17. F

95-01 fiberglass cowl hood

Just post with prices and pictures!!
  18. F

NOS on a 99 sport sohc?

Could it be possible to run two tanks for to different stages. 50 hp stage 1 and 75 hp stage 2 without a huge meltdown? I'm assumming I should get a new ignition system with a retard? and a better chip from Diablo custom burned to take off thr restrictor and be ready for the extra intake charge.
  19. F

B&M shifter module

wondering it it will fit the 99 with the 5R55E trans, how cheaP??
  20. F

NOS on a 99 sport sohc?

has anyone done this and talk about how they did this and if there was any problems.. i guess it would be the dry stuff right? pictures would be great but that's pushing it sorry:fire: :fire:
  21. F

B&M shifter module

The B&M one fit's only a few trans that ford makes but jet has one that fits all the current explorers, if it's anything like the chip I got forget it
  22. F

B&M shifter module

I have seen the B&M shifter adjuster that plus in and has three settings has anyone used this and is it worth the bucks..it appears to be a good idea but the 140.00 pricetag makes you think it's junk
  23. F

Floor Shifter conversion

Yeah it would be nice..but it seems that a kit is not made for any shifter to be converted for this model I wonder if anyone else has attempted this and if so where did they score the hardware
  24. F

anti theft question

My problem was close to your and I just came to the conclusion that I spent was to much money on this truck to live with a factory alarm..Only spent $300.00 with an automatic starter, the relief I felt was worth the money just my opinion
  25. F

Explorer owners in PA

Frj00 IS frOM aLLEWNTOWN
Back