Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

my rear door won't open/ outside or inside

What if my rear door won't open? How do I get the damned thing open to see what's wrong? 1997 control trac.....4wd.....I can hear the actuator working but can't open from inside or outside.
  2. D

Rear passenger door won't open/unlock all the way

take the clips completely out. take the outside handle out and keep the rod mounted onto the handle. Put a nut onto the end of it. Take a mapp gas torch and put a right angle onto the end of the rod..just enough to get ther nut on.. keep the nut on when heating or you'll screw up the threads...
  3. D

How to: How To: Drivers Exterior Door Handle Replacement

The yellow connectors? i tore them out...put a torch on the end of the rod handle ..put a nut on it....heated it and put a 90 degree bend on it. took off the nut put the rod in the hole...put on some threadlocker..tightened the nut..and threw the yellow connector block across the street.
  4. D

my 97 explorer rear door My rear door won't open...outside or inside. I'm basically screwed.....handles seem to work fine. i can hear the actuator working. if i get three replies to weld it shut i might just do it. other than that..how do get the thing opened...just to start looking...
  5. D

Yellow connector Block? exterior door handle....handle to actuator. 1997 explorer. i can't see it and can barely feel it. What do i do? how easy are they to break?
  6. D

Engine tries to explode after M112

Damn...there's a lot of smart people in here. I'm old school...just leave it alone.
Back