Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

arg urgent help needed with install!

Hi there I need help! Ive got my factory radio out, but now I just cant seem to pull the connectors out of the back. Its a 98 Xlt with premium sound and the two main thick plastic plugs wont come out of the back? is there some trick to getting them out? what am i doing wrong?
  2. A

what components fit??

the only problem is crutchfields selection is so limited.
  3. A

how is this for a proposed system...

do i need to worry if one set of speakers is at 110w rms and the other at 50w rms, and i run them at like 85w rms?
  4. A

Check out my Stereo

you use any adaptors to get the comps in?
  5. A

what components fit??

Im looking at these HiFonics Zeus 5.25" components, think they will fit? getting the mounting brackets from sound domain also. http://www.sounddomain.com/shop/item.pl?sku=HIFHZCX52C&vq_id=none Size: 5 1/4 Top Mount Depth: 2.71
  6. A

what components fit??

also anyone know what harness adaptors I will need to install my alpine 7894 into the explorer to run off the stock speakers for now.
  7. A

what components fit??

8. A

what components fit??

what type of adapters did you use?
  9. A

what components fit??

what size components fit your explorer? 5.25"? 6.5"? without modification to the door too... (brackets in the door are ok).
  10. A

how is this for a proposed system...

Im on a bit of a budget and no subs wanted right now, but here it is. All in my 98 4 door X with premium sound. HU: Alpine 7894 (or jvc sh707 to save money) Front speakers: Kicker 5x7 component speakers (check em out not sure how good they are...
  11. A

need some suggestions for new speakers and amp...

ok one more thing. Im looking at a hu installation kit. Not sure what I want. At www.sounddomain.com http://www.sounddomain.com/shop/item.pl?sku=SCOFD1300B or http://www.sounddomain.com/shop/item.pl?sku=SCOFD1327B Which do I want, it would be nice to have a pocket, but does that fit? My...
  12. A

all the components seem to be round, not very many are elliptical like the ones that fit our X's. Is there a bracket or a specific size that would work better?
  13. A

anyone? brands, model #'s anything?
  14. A

Ok I realized that I dont need to big boom that a sub would provide as much as I would enjoy some nice new clear speakers, which would make my music (DMB, Jack Johnson, etc) sound much better. I was hoping to get some nice speakers to replace the ones in my 98 explorer with premium audio. I...
  15. A

JVC KD-SH707

do these units put out more power rms than a stock hu on a 98 with premium sound? they seem underpowered compared to some alpine and pioneer units.
  16. A

looking for sub + enclosure combo online...

im looking at 2 12" shiva's right now, in a sub zero box on ampman.com The box is made for the shiva's and looks good except for the PRICE man its a bit too expensive for my tastes when I still have to buy an amp. Another box an option, and a good amp to drive them. The work best at arond...
  17. A

maybe 2 shiva's and then a box I could buy online what you think? 2 Mark 3 12" shivas? Also what kinda box would i want to get with those 2 shiva's and what kind of amp to drive them? Those JBL 600 or 1200's are cheap on ebay. Actually, I got a friend that works at bb maybe i can pick up...
  18. A

Can anyone direct me to a sub enclosure online with subs in it. Want to put it in my car. Reasonable prices like 350 shipped, thanks.
  19. A

True-Rev sport induction?

do either of those two options really perform that much better than the True-Rev?
  20. A

True-Rev sport induction?

Hi this will hopefully be my firts mod on my 98 ford exploer xlt v8. I saw on the main page that it seemed to be a good mod, and I think I want to do it. the address for the page is here http://www.kustomz.com/cat2.html#sport I want the explorer 5.0L version right? How's the price on it? Is...
  21. A

questions about new speakers...

Wouldn't I need some sort of adapter for the speaker to mount it in the 6x8 slot in the car? On ebay it says they are 5x7 and 6x8. Also anyone know where i can find some tools to do this job, I check out the door and found the locks that hold it on and now i cant get 1 back on. Thanks!
  22. A

Hmm Ok. I dont know about component speakers, they look good and all but where would I put the tweeters? And where could I hide those crossovers? Infinity sounds good to me, which ones should I look at (component or regular). And also what about an amp to drive them. I just won 200 bucks so...
  23. A

Any cheaper mods to increase performance?

the car is stock btw...
  24. A

Any cheaper mods to increase performance?

Ive got a 98 v8 XLT I just bought used. Are there any cheaper mod's i can do to increase performance in this baby? I like the power of the v8 but more is better right? :) Also, I was thinking about putting a new exhaust on. Will the 50 series Flows work? Also Im not mechanically inclined...
  25. A

wow Im sorry, I just read the sticky at the top and it looks like I have premium audio in my 98. Anyone got pics on taking apart the door?
Back