Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Truck died

Fuel pump relay.
  2. 9

only pings at 2k rpm (???)

Run a bottle of Slick 50® High Mileage Fuel System Formula through it. It will clean out the carbon and wala no more pinging.
  3. 9

Water dripping from muffler

It removes Hydrocarbons through a heating procees when the gasses pass through the ceramic plates or pellets. Depending on what type you may have.
  4. 9

Missing when hot

Im trying to narrow this down. It sound like a miss on one of the plugs. You can here it when its cold and when it gets hot its a Dog. Taking off from a stop sigh you can really feel the sluggyness and missing. I put Bosch platinum 4 plugs in. I understand they may not be the best for ford now...
  5. 9

Want to buy Seafoam - can't find it locally

Ill only use 89 oct. I get the carbon build quick from 91
  6. 9

scorgnetic What Octane gas are you running.
  7. 9

HERe IT IS Where to Buy SEA FOAM Sea Foam is not sold online, but we would be happy to help you locate your nearest dealer. Please email us your address at customerservice@seafoamsales.com
  8. 9

If you go to http://www.seafoamsales.com/ you can email them from there and thay will send you a listing of stores in your area that carry it. I could not find it nowhere so i emailed them and the was 8 places with in 10 min of my house that had it. TRY THE EMAIL FORM...
  9. 9

93-97 ranger airdam on 94 EX

Iv seen a few posting on the airdam from a ranger bolted on a explorer. Will this bolt on or is there some Mods that must be done. What year and model of ranger would this airdam come from thaats used for the mod. I like the look but just don't fully understand it.
  10. 9

93' Still pings/clatters with new plugs and wires (Motorcraft)

Id give the slick a try 1st. For 8 buck and 11 gal of gas you can't go wrong. the lower bolt are not a walk in the park. there a few you may nott even reach. Make sure you don't put to much gas with it. you want to mix it heavy.
  11. 9

93-97 ranger airdam on 94 Ex

Iv seen a few posting on the airdam from a ranger bolted on a explorer. Will this bolt on or is there some Mods that must be done. What year and model of ranger would this airdam come from thaats used for the mod. I like the look but just don't fully understand it.
  12. 9

93' Still pings/clatters with new plugs and wires (Motorcraft)

Carbon Build up is the most comon problen . run a bottle of Slick 50® High Mileage Fuel System Formula. Mine was pinging and i changed and cleaned every sensor out. Pinging went away after adding this stuff to my fuel. I would say its carbon since it only does it after warming up.
  13. 9

Pinging

Since my pinging problem I ran the slick 50 through it and have stuck with Chevron 89 oct with techron :) ... Iv seen no return of the PINGING. I think the key is keep the inside clean. In fact i went on a road trip to Vegas last week and went up a 16 mile Hill with a change in elevation seveal...
  14. 9

Pinging

Carbon Build up is the most comon problen on the 94. run a bottle of Slick 50® High Mileage Fuel System Formula. Mine was pinging and i changed and cleaned every sensor out. Pinging went away after adding this stuff to my fuel.
  15. 9

Real fast question

Dexron. I also us Motocraft. (since its a ford)
  16. 9

Motor oil Wt

What is the best motor oil Weight on the 4.0. The manual calls out for 5w-10 but iv been a little uncomfortable with that. I was using 10W-30
  17. 9

STILL ____ING PINGING!!!!

SynPower looks like it mainly deals with injectors. If the pinging is caused by carbon I don't think SynPower will cut it. I never had pinging till i went to 93 oct. the only way I got rid of it was Dropping to a lower oct and running a bottle of slick 50 through. Note it was the one for high...
  18. 9

Make sure its a good quality cleaner that cleans the combustion chamber as well as the Injectors. Most of the Injector / fuel treatments won't clean the carbon out.
  19. 9

I chased this same thing for months. I replaced every sensor on every system. I only got ride of the pinging and found new life in My X after i ran a bottle of Slick 50 for High Mileage Fuel System Formula with about 12 gal of 89 gas. I found the pinging was caused by carbon build up in the...
  20. 9

changing power steering fluid

Why did no one ever put a drain plug on those things????????????
  21. 9

It has to be a very small Vacuum type hoes and it helps to somewhat Round the end of the hose to keep from catching on andy flanges on the way down. If the dip stick will make it then we know a small tube will. (SMALL)
  22. 9

You could make a home made device to remove the fluid from your Power steering and your transmision. Use a container that won't colaps under a vacuum condition. Attach a small rubber hose (like a vacuum hose) about 6 to 8 feet long. do this by drilling a small hole in the container just big enuf...
  23. 9

Vacuum and bad mpg or something else?

Look for a vacuum leak or Intake leak. O-rings a known to go utt on the intakes.
  24. 9

92 x a/c

The shop doing the freon charge should be doing a leak check prior to the charge.
  25. 9

Fuel pump question

Check your system for any codes. Even know the CEL is not on when the truck is running, it is on during the starting cycle. and this is when your having the problem. Maybe they'll be a code stored that could shed some light on this and save you some cash.
Back