Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Short dipstick????

Do you put more than 6 qts in when you change??? An extra quart won't do any damage?? You always hear "DO NOT overfill"...... I just don't want to create a bigger problem since I don't have any mechanical/runability problems now.
  2. D

Short dipstick????

No wise cracks about my dipstick!!! :D I have no oil on the dipstick of my 2007 Mountaineer Premier with 4.6L. I just changed oil and put in 6 qts. I changed the filter and DID put the plug back in and no oil is leaking. I am thinking I have the wrong dipstick......i bought this vehicle...
  3. D

3rd row seat motor

Sorry..........I did not search very well...........I found the other thread with this exact problem............I will start there!!
  4. D

3rd row seat motor

Any one ever have an electric 3rd row seat not want to come up?? My drivers side 3rd row seat is down and will not come up with the switch. I can hear the motor run but the screw thingy does not turn to actuate/lift the seat. Since I can hear the motor it seems like it would be the...
  5. D

Oil Change improvements

I am highly impressed with the simple improvements for changing oil on my '07 4.6l. The little oil splash diverter right next to the oil pan drain plug is awesome.....other than it does not allow the use of a full size ratchet. The oil slide under the filter port was also GREAT thinking...
  6. D

Sway Bar Bushing Replacement

You should just be able to push that bolt (shaft) up from the bottom and all the bushings and spacers should just fall off. Just tap with a hammer and once the shaft is flush with the bottom bushing get another long (skinnier) bolt and keep whacking it up in there till it all falls apart...
  7. D

Gives me an error when i try to open that link. You CAN drive your expy without the sway bar. just be extra cautious as I hear it makes the front end kinda squirrely. If the parts store is close and you don't have to go over 45mph it should be fine........another car would be better. This...
  8. D

Yes, but it is tight. Make sure you are on the high side in case the vehicle rolls. Use parking brake and wheel chocks. Can't imagine why unless they were showing the frame bushings with the end link bushings........still should have only been 2 sizes.
  9. D

New ride!!

My wife says it drives absolutely incredible. Best ride she has ever had but that is after driving minivans for the last 10 years. She loves the moonroof and all the gadgets like the memory seats, pedals and nav system. I am sure i will be allowed to drive it someday!! LOL!!!! Love the...
  10. D

New ride!!

Thanks David.......that TSB describes EXACTLY what happened. Looks like a quick, easy and cheap replacemnt too!!!!!! :thumbsup:
  11. D

New ride!!

PRETTY COOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!!!!!! It is gonna take months and another degree to figure out this navigation system. There are more menus than windows vista!!!! Two problems even before it got off the truck: 1. Rear drivers tail light popped loose. I can see that they are just pop lock...
  12. D

New ride!!

Due to arrive at my door in about 2 hours!!! I am pumped!!!!!!!!!
  13. D

New ride!!

As of today........YES, it is too late!! I called the carrier 3X to get a "precise schedule" as they call it. No one ever answered or returned my call. Today I call the selling dealer to tell them someone is "supposed" to pick up the vehicle.........they guy at the dealer says "Yeah, they are...
  14. D

New ride!!

Oh no.....these transporters have their rears covered. They have 3 weeks to deliver.......if they don't then I get $25 a day for 5 days (they say that is to get a rental car......must be a yugo). If it takes longer than 4 weeks I am gonna report it stolen...........and give the police their...
  15. D

New ride!!

The news is my mounty is still in Parma!!!!!! :thumbdwn: I FINALLY got a hit on the transporter pick up for Monday. Then I am sure it will be on a truck going to California first :D I will call Monday for a firm (yeah right) schedule from the transporter. I'll keep ya posted!!!!!!
  16. D

Drivers side seat leather is wearing out, options?

Try www.car-parts.com and try to find some used ones. Should save a ton of money over new. $50 - $100 for tan leather power drivers seat for my 2000 eddie bauer (I searched 1998-2001)..........and the best part is there are like 25 of them at a place 8 miles form my work. I am gonna go look...
  17. D

Suspension Questions

My 2000 Eddie Bauer was almost identical to that. I used AutoZone shackles and a TT with great success. Now I am 34 in the rear and 33.25 in the front. The shackles will pick up the rear but not level it out.......that is what the TT does. I think I did 7 up on the DS and 2 down on the...
  18. D

New ride!!

Yeah......they gave me the salesman song and dance. They said THEY did not paint anything and that if it was repainted it was not evident. I told them I had someone come look at it and I rattled off a few areas of concern.......he new EXACTLY what (who) I was talking about!! He said he...
  19. D

New ride!!

Transport order has been placed and should be picked up in the next 3 days......then 2-4 days to me depending on route and other stops. I am anxiously awaiting!!!!!!! :D
  20. D

How to repaint wiper arms?

I just sanded mine and sprayed them with the Duplicolor spray bed liner. Once dry i gave them a quick coat of Krylon clear UV protectant........all available at Wal-Mart. This is the same way i painted my roof rack and cross members.......looks like new.
  21. D

Rear suspention

May as well replace the 3rd shock in the back while you are there!! It is the little one in front of the passenger side rear axle. The interior lights may be controlled by the little slide bar on your rear view mirror. If the slide is all the way to the left then the auto option is...
  22. D

New ride!!

Thanks BIG TIME to Full Force for the phone call and the heads up on the real details the dealers would seemingly NEVER tell you. It is absolutely AWESOME to have a guy like Full Force go check out a vehicle for a total stranger (on a weekend) and then offer to be contacted and tell all. I...
  23. D

New ride!!

Thanks.......I feel better!! And this one was WAY cheaper than all but one other comparably outfited........and it was sold. Most others have been $18K and up.
  24. D

New ride!!

$15,300 was all I could get them down to.........and another $600 to have it shipped to LA (Lower Alabama) Thanks for the inspection and observation on the bumpers. How come you didn't buy the one in Parma.......I am guessing you found yours cheaper elsewhere? Don't worry about hurting my...
  25. D

New ride!!

Yes. Did you see it on e-bay or do you live up that way?? Wanna go inspect it and drive it down for me?? ;)
Back