Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Jacking instructions

Hello all, i've got a 2001 explorer sport, i've yet to need to jack up the rear of the vehicle for any thing yet. But the jacking instructions say to position the bottle jack under the axle. I keep thinking to myself, that this can't be good for the axle, yet this is what the instructions appear...
  2. S

Rear door problem in cold weather?

Yes I have the same problem with my 2001 sport. It's only the rear hatch/glass. Whenever it's really cold i notice i have to press the unlock button a few times to unlock the rear hatch. Eventually it unlocks. If it's at home and in the garage, i just remember to unlock it while it's still warm...
  3. S

Camping with my Sport

Camping I have a 2001 explorer sport and camped in mine. I folded down the rear seats, put in a blowup mattress, and instant camp site. I put the kids in the tent though. Plenty of room for me and the dog though. Try http://www.popupexplorer.com. They will tell you where you can get one. I know...
  4. S

I got wax on plastic moulding, now what.

Way to go ! I just happen to have that exact same eraser in my desk. What an idea! I'll try it out.
  5. S

I got wax on plastic moulding, now what.

Hello, I was waxing my 01 sport with turtle wax paste with some help from my daughter. The next day i noticed she got wax on some of the plastic trim and now i don't know how to get it off. It seems like when it gets on there, it never comes off. Help, any ideas.
  6. S

Running hot, 2001 sport.

I got it replaced at the dealership. The truck is still under a ford warranty for six years or 100,000 miles which i paid good money for. Never get an after-market warranty. I have a fifty dollar deductable. Since i had the coolant system done in florida at a ford dealership, i went back to one...
  7. S

Hot or Cold plug change.

Hello again. Quick question. I've heard that you should change your plugs when the motor is cool for some reason. or is it when it is hot. I can't remember which one and for what reason. Any one have a clue? Thanx.
  8. S

Running hot, 2001 sport.

You guy's were right. Turns out the thermostat was bad. Something must have happened when it was in for coolant service in Florida. I also noticed that the A/C does not cut out anymore like it did when it was running extremely hot. The truck runs so much better now. For a while there, i had all...
  9. S

Running hot, 2001 sport.

Hello ya all, i'm back! Took a trip with the family from Ma. to Fl. in the 2001 explorer sport. While down there in Clearwater, i had some brake work done and at the same time had the coolant system flushed by a ford dealer since it was time anyways. On the way home, i noticed the temp gauge was...
  10. S

Here's one for ya

Typical response from service Typical response from service as anticipated...Since the problem has not occured again there is nothing we can do for you. They won't clean the IAC under warranty. They will only replace it if it's broken. I guess i can accept this for now since there is not any...
  11. S

Here's one for ya

O.K. i've got a 2001 explorer sport. About 67,500 miles on it. Never had a problem untill.....this morning, i get in, turn the engine over and it stalls out. I tried it again, same thing. Third time i tried it, i kept my foot on the gas, which i never had to do. This time it stayed running fine...
  12. S

4x4

Sway bar What a great web site for information. Lot's of juicy stuff. Not that i'm getting the mod bug, but.... there is one thing i would like to do. I would like to add a rear sway bar. I've heard this is one upgrade that is most worthwile. I hear everybody mentioning here about a company...
  13. S

4x4

Thanks josh. This clears things up quite a bit. After years of driving ordinary cars, i decided to take the plunge into 4x4. I was hesitant at first, but what the heck. I'm tired of worrying about snow storms here in New England. I also commute about 40 miles to get to work, not that i'm so...
  14. S

4x4

Hello, newbie here, I just purchased my first explorer sport this week (2001). I traded in a 98 ford winstar. I could'nt get rid of it fast enough. What problems. Anyways, this is my first 4x4. The truck did not come with an owners manual, but i will be getting it soon from the dealer. Can...
Back