Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

'98-01 SOHC 4.0L Compatible With '02-05 4.0LSOHC?

Hey guys I am looking at buying an '02 Explorer with a blown up 4.0L SOHC. Junkyard engines are really expensive ($1500 for a good used one with 125,000 miles on it!). My plan was to find a donor '98-01 Ex. with a good engine for less than $1000, and swap the good engine from the donor into the...
  2. B

How do I remove center leaf spring bolt??

Hi, I am starting the Explorer leaf spring swap on my 1990 Ford Bronco II. I reviewed the tech. page on it and it says to flip the center bolt on the Explorer springs. I put a 9/16 socket on the bolt and turned it. The entire bolt turned inside the leaf spring. My problem is that the other side...
  3. B

Installing new clutch in B2 tomorrow...Any tips or suggestions?

I'm installing a new clutch in my '90 Bronco 2. Any hints, tips or suggestions for me? Thanks everyone!
  4. B

I swear, it follwed me home. Kert's B2 project

Wow look how black that frame is :D
  5. B

In dire need of '87 bronco ii eddie bauer edition rear bumper!!! Help!!

The Bronco II Eddie Bauer edition rear bumber is different than the normal one?
  6. B

My liftgate Llatch broke!! How to fix it?

Hey everyone. Today I went to open the liftgate on my 1990 Ford Bronco II (you know, turn the handle clockwise) and the handle just turned around in a circle like it was stripped. I turned it around to it's normal postition and it opened once more. I tried it again and nothing; it just turned...
  7. B

I can't get the Automatic Locking Hub key out!!

I was going to use an earth magnet but I think I lost mine. You can get them at craft stores I'm pretty sure.
  8. B

Thanks for your replies but I did get the key out. I stopped working on it for a while, ate dinner, went back to the garage and tried again. I got it out with the magnet, first try. It's one of those things where you could mess with it for hours then stop, come back to it in 15 minutes and it...
  9. B

I'm converting my 1990 Ford Bronco II (D28) with automatic locking hubs to manual. The little "wedge" or "key" that keeps the nut in place (the nut right before the wheel bearing) is stuck and I can't get the dang thing out. I've tried the magnet method and the pounding it through method and...
  10. B

Do I still need the conversion kit? Automatic to Manual Locking Hubs

Hi, I am converting my automatic locking hubs to manual locking hubs on my1990 Ford Bronco II with the Dana 28 TTB front axle. I already got the hubs off of a junkyard 1984 Ford Ranger. If I just take all of the hub washers, spindles, lock nuts etc. from the Ranger will it still be necessary to...
Back