Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

How To: 2002 Fuel Filler Neck Replacement

Due to some problems with photobucket hosting on third-party sites, and Explorer Forum restricting to 10 images per post, I restarted this thread here: How To: 2002 Fuel Filler Neck Replacement
  2. V

Alright, looks like I got the images working. Good luck with your repair!
  3. V

Starting from the top, the final installation of everything looks like: 1. Filler neck and hoses attached to body, viewing from outside the vehicle behind the rear tire. 2. Coming down the upper filler neck to the central connecting hose, viewing from outside the vehicle behind the rear tire...
  4. V

Removal and installation is pretty straightforward. The only thing that gave me trouble was the vent line at the top of the neck. And for me it was a LOT of trouble. Details below. First, I backed the truck up onto ramps. It would have been convenient to remove the rear tire, but my jack is...
  5. V

This is a duplicate of the original thread: How To: 2002 Fuel Filler Neck Replacement. I restarted it for two reasons: 1) I was using photobucket to host the photos, and they don't allow linking to external sites, and 2) when I edited the thread to change the URLs of the images, the editor...
  6. V

I'll work on the images this morning.
  7. V

My pleasure. Hope it's helpful!
  8. V

Has Anyone Changed Out the Filler Neck?

I got the job done today and posted a how-to. Or at least it's a how-I-did-it. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3489228#post3489228
  9. V

Due to some problems with photobucket hosting on third-party sites, and Explorer Forum restricting to 10 images per post, I restarted this thread here: How To: 2002 Fuel Filler Neck Replacement
  10. V

Ok, here's a pic of the problem part. Did you come across the same thing, and how did you handle it?
  11. V

So I'm in the middle of this same job, and I ran into a problem. I'm wondering if you saw the same thing, and how did you handle it? I'm at the library trying to find some information in ALLDATA, so I can't post pics until later. At the top of the fuel filler neck is a small-diameter return...
  12. V

Won't Start - SecuriLock?

All, Final update on this issue. The big picture is that during diagnostics, the dealer somehow came to a point where he needed to re-code the keys. Since the transceiver was not working, the keys were not coded, and the existing keys were cleared. So he basically gave the vehicle back to me...
  13. V

Update: Picked up a scan tool from Autozone. * Old PATS transceiver: scan tool cannot communicate with PCM * New PATS transceiver: scan tool DOES communicate with PCM In both cases the engine will not turn over, and I have a fast-flashing THEFT light. So I'm partly on the right track...
  14. V

Update: Replaced the PATS transceiver as the dealer told me it was bad. I also think that the PCM is good because the correct mileage shows up on the dash (am I wrong to think this?). When I turn the key to run, the THEFT light still flashes quickly. So now I'm thinking that either 1. The new...
  15. V

Update: Took the vehicle to the dealer. I had to go back and forth a few times to get the whole story (although I think there are still some missing pieces). They basically say that 1. The PATS tranceiver is bad. $30 part, $330 labor. $400 total out the door after tax, etc. 2. The tech...
  16. V

Thanks, D Hook. Let me lay out the current situation: * Key fobs lock and unlock the vehicle normally. * THEFT indicator flashes every 2 seconds (normal). * When I insert the key and turn to ON, the THEFT light flashes quickly for about a minute, then flashes what I think is 1:1. * When I turn...
  17. V

Update: Last night I checked the fuses (they were all fine, as expected). I jumped the battery with my other vehicle, but the THEFT system still kept the starter disabled (also as expected). So I think that everything is the way it's supposed to be, I only need to get around the SecuriLock...
  18. V

D Hook, thanks for the reply. I talked through this with a few folks today - we started to think about the battery, because when I first tried to start it I heard the "ratatatatatat" sound (same thing you suggested). Today I'll re-check the fuses (not expecting any issues), and charge the...
  19. V

Hello, all. I appreciate your reading my question. My 2002 Explorer recently would not turn over when the key was turned to the START position. I did some troubleshooting, all relays/fuses/etc. were good, and found that there was power at the starter solenoid. So I replaced the starter...
  20. V

How to: 2002 Explorer rear wheel bearing replacement (pictures)

Thanks for the post! Passenger side took me two weeks of anti-seize and back/forth to work to try to figure out how to get out the upper control arm post. The CHISEL was the eureka moment. Driver's side went much more quickly - about 2 hours of disassembly and working the chisel, 2 hours...
  21. V

2002 Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Problems

Well, it makes me mad that this is going to wind up being a dealership fix. I just don't have the resources to keep checking things without knowing what I'm looking for. The last straw was that the vehicle died 5 feet from my driveway last night. (I'm sure it's not related to the temperature...
  22. V

Okay, brought the meter from home today (still not sure where I put MINE...). 122.2 kOhm on the new sensor, around 300 kOhm on the old sensor (I was holding it in my hand, and the resistance kept decreasing). It's 20 deg F (-6.5 deg C), according to the weather channel. The Dead Link...
  23. V

No, this one has only one sensor that communicates to the temp guage and the PCM. Forgot to bring home the meter today, so I'll either need to wait until tomorrow, or scrounge for my meter at home. Where the heck is that thing???
  24. V

I did not clean the MAF sensor - would that have made the temp guage display low? Or just cause my problem dying on cold starts (and not starting now)? I wanted to check the resistance as you suggested, but I don't have a meter handy - will need to get it from work tomorrow, and will report...
  25. V

Hello, I did a little searching on the forums, but can't quite find the same situation. I have a 2002 4.0L V6. When the weather turned cold this year, I noticed the engine temperature guage would not come up to the normal range, and I got a check engine light. I don't have the codes handy...
Back