Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Rattle at start up

Went to ford bought the parts and still makes the rattle 😢 maybe I should make a video... only thing I can think of is the po lied and did not do the timing 🤷‍♂️ and maybe the chain is hitting the cassettes?
  2. L

Rattle at start up

Thanks bud I'll look into it...
  3. L

Rattle at start up

I dont know what brand he used :( to replace the tensioners do I have to remove the chain or put the engine in tdc?
  4. L

Rattle at start up

04 NBX 4.0.. bought the truck 3 years ago and the owner said that he just had the timing done a week before I bought the truck. All it needed was a egr valve and rebuild the trans other then that it's a nice strong truck. My problem is that on the first start up the truck makes a rattle sound...
  5. L

rear ac lines

I just converted my 04 NBX with no rear ac to a NBX with rear ac :) anyways the donor explorer was on the ground so I couldn't take the ac lines from the back to the front.. anyone know part numbers of the ac lines that I can buy from ebay? I live in Florida so I dont need rear heat so I am not...
  6. L

Rear ac

I have a 2004 NBX and I wanted to know if I can add rear ac? There is a complete non touched 04 explorer in the junkyard that has rear ac... thanks..
  7. L

5r55s VB

I just googled 5r55s valve body then clicked on pictures..
  8. L

3k shift

Rebuilt the trans about a month ago. It shifts nice and smooth but shifts at around 3k is that normal for a 04 4.0?
  9. L

Loud engine

Strange problem I am having when I am under 2k rpm the motor is nice and quite transmission shifts beautiful and everything is good... when I from 2 to 3 rpm the motor is loud like I have a big hole in the muffler... hard to explain... no codes balance test came out perfect just sounds like a...
  10. L

no 4x4

Sorry I was away... I think its code p1824 or p1826.... I was just wondering if I supply 12volt to the brown wire in the t case should I hear something or is 12v to much??
  11. L

Please help with oil pump replacement in vehicle.

To do the the oil pan the front diff has to be lowered that's basically your cross member on the 4.0 not sure on the 4.6...
  12. L

no 4x4

2004 nbx 4.0... the motor works to switch to 4x4 because i can hear it move but how can i test the magnet inside the t-case???
  13. L

u2023 code

any tests i can do to fix U2023 code??? forscan code is U2023-2F
  14. L

Rebuilt transmission drives good but..

Truck drives good shifts all gears and cant feel the transmission go into reverse or drive... I did clear the transmission memory by jumping the pos and neg wires together for about 15 mins... so I dont know if its because the computer is learning the transmission shift points or what but I am...
  15. L

5r55s fill qts

Yes everything is new besides valve body... so the 5r55s only takes around 8 to 10 qts and then it's full?
  16. L

5r55s fill qts

idk i pumped around 9 qts on the top sensor and it wont fit anymore so i filled the rest from the bottom... while truck is running i filled the pan up and removed the pump to allow the pan to self leveal but all 3 or 4 qts just came right out lol, so trans only had a total of around 8 qts...
  17. L

5r55s fill qts

yes i know but when i finish adding 12 qts while truck is running about 4 qts comes out... if the pump or tc was dead would the truck go into gear and move in reverse and forward.... i just dont know if the vb mod i did has something to do with is like fluid coming all out??
  18. L

5r55s fill qts

Yes I did... the truck moves forward and reverse also.. with engine off I cant pump fluid into the transmission but with engine running I can pump fluid into the transmission....
  19. L

5r55s fill qts

Anyone?
  20. L

5r55s fill qts

forgot to add that the only thing i did to the valve body was i removed the vb thermostat spring and moved it in front of the thermostat so there is fluid always pumping even when fluid is cold.....
  21. L

5r55s fill qts

just finished rebuilding the trans and the book says 12.7 qts from empty, well i bought a case plus 1qt... removed top sensor and only around 9 qts could fit in the tranny so i installed the sensor... started the truck up let it idle for 5 mins, filled from bottom plug the rest of the 4 qts and...
  22. L

Rear main seal

Do I need to remove the oil pan? Do I need the OTC 7834 tool? Can I get the seal at advance auto or has to be from ford? Thanks.... 2004 4.0 nbx
  23. L

Ready to install transmission.... or am i

I finished rebuilding my 5r55s with all new parts and was going to install it but I forgot the cross member bolts broke on both sides... I tried to drill the bolts out but I think I am using the wrong drill bits... what do you guys use to drill out the bolts?
  24. L

5r55s VB

Is it ok that the vb thermostat is loose when you remove the spring and move it to the front of the thermostat?
  25. L

5r55s VB

The circle part does not want to move, it's kinda tight... I removed all parts on the vb but just that part does not wanna move and yes I did remove the clip.... also besides moving the spring in front of the thermal element to allow 100% flow is there anything else I can do to improve the vb...
Back