Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

94 xlt 4wd issue

Switches to 4 hi/lo fine. When i go to move in 4 lo i get a humming and it feels as if the brakes are being applied. Fluid in transfer case is new and i just extended the breather. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. F

different tire sizes

why would i remove the front drive shaft, i have 4x4. i use it..problem with measuring them is i didnt buy the 35s yet
  3. F

different tire sizes

Here is my situation. i have a 94 explorer xlt with 9 inches of lift. I have 4 36x12 15 super swamper radial tsl tires. One got a screw in the sidewall. Because the tread is getting low i just want to replace the tires and step it down 2 35s. My question is if i run the the 36s in the rear with...
  4. F

Going no where fast.

yea i hear the engines are great..wierdest thing tho, it sat for 3 days because of snow and i was pulling it out to get ready for a tow to the shop and it moved fine, i even drove it 10 miles to the shop with no problem.
  5. F

Going no where fast.

thanks i check it out in the day light. trans is just shot. sad thing is it was rebuilt 10k miles ago. looks like im buying a new jasper trans.
  6. F

Going no where fast.

Ok so heres the deal. I have a 94 explorer 6" suspension lift and 3" body on some 36s. Decided to have some fun and ran up a 6 foot snow bank, then popped her in reverse to get out but she stuck like glue, no tire spin or anything. Tach read around 3 grand but the engine sounded like it was...
Back