Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Has anyone

Seen a Pre93 Explorer with a Skyjacker 8" Ranger lift? I've been lookin at some past threads and seen the highest anyone's gone is 6". Since Rangers and Explorers share the same front end, the Ranger 8" lift would work on the Explorer wouldn't it? I'm just curious about it all.....If this has...
  2. 9

Friend's X growin a couple inches

Ah. Thanx, I'll pass on the information and see what he does.
  3. 9

Friend's X growin a couple inches

Now that we're on spring break, my friend's X is going to grow a couple inches. He's getting shackles and twisting the t-bars, along with some tow hooks put on. I don't have a digi, so I can't get any pix of it, I'll see if he does though. Anyway, thing is, I was told that he could take out a...
  4. 9

Cherry Bomb?

Geez, I'm late as crap on this thread, but just to let you all know, there is an actual muffler out there called a Cherry Bomb.....the Vortex Cherry Bomb. Think maybe that's what he meant when he said Cherry Bomb?
  5. 9

FAT ASS TIRES!!

Yeah they do. Dead Link Removed Thornbird sizes. Ummmmmmmm no. Thornbirds (and Baja Claws) are more $$$ than TSLs....all of them are, except for the Boggers, and SSRs, but SSRs aren't TSLs.
  6. 9

Anyone have axis wheels with the fake bead lock?

It's one of the 7 wonders of the automotive world. They aren't stated in any DOT "rule book" that I know of, which makes them I guess street legal to some. Yet, they aren't DOT approved either *ie, no DOT stamp/approval #(?)* which means illegal to others. This one has been debated a lot on...
  7. 9

BFG Krawlers

I still say they look like a cut Michelin XML(?)....
  8. 9

Front wheels don't look quite right

Ok, so that would explain the toe in/out, what about the camber?
  9. 9

Front wheels don't look quite right

I was looking at my friends X earlier today and noticed the front wheels. Something is definitely not right about them. The left front seems fine, but the right front seems to have a little negative camber. On the way to see if we could find some mud we stopped to get some gas and it looked like...
  10. 9

HElp my truck

Sorta hard to help with your 4wd problem if we don't know what the symptoms are. :nono: :hammer:
  11. 9

The Diesel Explorer

If you are thinking about swapping in a diesel for your gas, then you might want to check with your local ordinances. My dad and I were going to drop in an Olds 4.3 diesel in a 83 Chevy S10 *he thought it was too big for the motor compartment, so now he decides to drop in a Chevy 350 :confused...
  12. 9

Dave here...

All better now... As for being bit by the bug......lol. I just don't know about that one. I"m on my second truck that I'd like to keep for a while, at least till I get out of college. But earlier today I was thinkin about an Explorer for a trail vehicle......idk.....
  13. 9

Dave here...

Just checkin' something....
  14. 9

Dave here...

Thanx for the welcomes. You won't have to worry about me stop pestering him until he joins. If what my frist post is anything like what I think it's going to be like from now on, he'll have to join. I won't be able to convey the info to him from you all with out screwin something up. ;) Real...
  15. 9

97 X Sport rear leaf

Wow... Wow, you guys are extremely helpful. Thanx for the input fellas. I'll pass it along and we shall see what he will do. Hopefully I can talk him into the 4dr. packs and shackles/addaleaf. Once again, thanx for the help.
  16. 9

97 X Sport rear leaf

Honestly, that's what I'd rather have.....a custom built spring pack/leaf, but, it's not my X and I'm pretty sure he wants the most lift as cheaply as possible until he can get the money to get 4-6" of lift and 33s. But he can swap in the 4dr packs and use 4 door addaleaves w/ the swapped in...
  17. 9

97 X Sport rear leaf

So you're bascially saying that there's almost no way to combat the spring sagging, other than maybe get a custom spring pack made? I forgot one factor in this. He's got a box in the back that he never takes out. *Not a sub box, but he has one of those too....*. So that X is always carrying...
  18. 9

New guy from San Diego

Uh oh..........skater..........:mattmoon: This is Dave from TW, btw. :bounce:
  19. 9

97 X Sport rear leaf

Ok, so I was thinking that I'd crank the t-bars 2" and put either an add-a-leaf in the back or put shackles in the back of my friends 97 Sport. But I looked under there one day and only saw the one leaf. Would that be ok with shackles, I mean, the monoleaf wouldn't be too stressed or nothing...
  20. 9

Dave here...

Lol. Yeah. It doesn't bother me, I'm rather intrigued by lifting X's. Being that I'm hoping to eventually own my own shop one day, I'm trying to learn as much as I can about just about everything. So learning how to lift my friends X and other things that deal with it doesn't bother me. ;)
  21. 9

Dave here...

Howdy all. I'm new to the board, but have dropped in every now and then, just haven't joined till today. I don't have an Explorer, but my friend does, which is why I'm here. I hope that's cool? Since he's too stubborn to join, I figured I'd join for him and get info I/he needs to get it lifted...
Back