Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Front Camera

Just an up-date on the lock-pic cable/camera. Was able to fix the problem with the whole unit. had to solder, not wire clamp the front camera power, sloppy power connection. Went step by step real slow to make sure the right button was pushed at the right time, with the shift lever in the right...
  2. E

Help finding a good wire

I used #71 and #91 for power to run Led road lights and power a front view camera. Don't run ACC power, engine on = GO, engine off = stop. Soldered wire to an burnt out fuse, plugged it into #71 , or #91 for my on/off power, works like a champ, routed wire out of side of fuse block.
  3. E

Front Camera

Lock pic unit cost $349.00. A little pricey, camera is easy to install, ran my wires up and around the driver side, video wire plugs into the lock pic harness. I started having problems with the switching from back to front view. No way to contact the lock pic tech people for help. Crappy way...
  4. E

Front Camera

Front cam Has ford come out with a front cam, and is it compatible with the 2013 Limited>:salute:
  5. E

Back up cam

Removed the lock-pik unit. Re-installed , not working, Pulled the whole crappy wire harness, and went back to original. Looking for a cheep monitor that I can use in place of the unit, Any ideas or leads as to getting a small monitor? Will mount with an on/off switch, so that I can use it for...
  6. E

Back up cam

yes it does, you can also use it to view forward while driving, do not recommend doing this, but it can be entertaining for the family in a parking lot:) Right now it is a PITA, not working right, going out and remove , and reinstall to see if it will work. If not, removing it and getting a...
  7. E

Back up cam

Have a 2013 Explorer Limited. Installed the Lock pic system, now every once in a while, the back up cam will turn off while in reverse. I shift into park or neutral and then back into reverse and the cam will come back on. Any ideas as to what is going on? Pete: :eek:
  8. E

Rearview Camera Problems

back up cam 2013 explorer Limited, back up cam will shut off every once in a while as I am in reverse, shift into p or n and cam will come back on most of the time. Any ideas why this is happening?:salute:
  9. E

Front Camera

Thanks omar302, but really, over $200.00 for a front view camera. Trying to keep the cost down, Not willing to give up my first born, for a camera.:D
  10. E

Front Camera

Don't laugh, I tried the flip the camera up side down trick, and got the picture as stated. Even considered changing the video wires. But commonsense took over, and I took a drink,,,,, of coffee. Went to the computer and looked up Front view bumper cameras. You know, there is a difference...
  11. E

Front Camera

The camera is a CMD Rear View Camera model CG-890 from China, no switch to flip, no way of knowing if the camera is a mirror or a non mirror camera, other than the fact that the picture is backwards. I am under the impression that Lock-pick has the rep of not helping with a tech support center...
  12. E

Front Camera

Added a front camera Ordered a camera to mount on the front of my Explorer. Mount was easy enough, running the power and video wires, a small pain. Connected to the Lock pick device, powered up, activated the device like the directions called for. Turned on the front camera, It reversed. Right...
  13. E

Lock Pick Device

jmr061: I am mounting a front camera, to help my wife parking, I wonder if I will need to activate the lock-pick every time we start the EX, or will it run in the back ground?
  14. E

Lock Pick Device

I understand the lack of support and all, that is why I went online asking for ideas and info. You think paying 349.00 for the system, you could at least talk to someone for some answers. Pete
  15. E

Fog light replacement recommendations

I would look into a recycle yard that has your year and see if you can replace the glass part of the unit or just get the whole thing for less than your first born. Then replace the lamps, should look good as new. Just my 2 cents. Have a good day Pete
  16. E

Lock Pick Device

Not a lot of info on the Lock pick device placement. Watched the video and it is way simple to install. Now as for the advanced interface unit, after hooking everything up, the video says to make sure that everything is out of the way when you put the faceplate and other items back. So as to not...
  17. E

front camera wire install

Any ideas on how to install a front camera? I have the lock-pick cable system, now I need to rout the wire from the front bumper to the inside of the cab. Trying to keep it as neat as possible, and run the cable as close to the center of the dash as I can. Any ideas would help. Just waiting...
  18. E

Front Camera

jmr061, thanks for the link, Bobmbx, I had a ride that had the feelers, front and back. That was the in thing to have at the time. It was also when we had high mess up your rims, square curbs, not the wimpy, rounded type now.
  19. E

Front Camera

Ok, ordered the Lockpic device unit. Does anyone know how to open up the front dash so that I can install the unit. I found info as to installing it on a 2010 explorer, but nothing on the 2013 Explorer. Any help or info would help when I receive my unit.
  20. E

Front Camera

Thanks Comper, was hoping the cost was a little lower. Pete
  21. E

Front Camera

Eticket: I don't have a clue as to what the lockpic device you are referring to is. Can you give me more information and how to find this and maybe even how to hook it up? Pete
  22. E

Front Camera

My wife has a problem parking the EX without hitting or munching the plate holder in the front. Was thinking of putting on a camera to give her a way of gauging the distance, and give me peace of mind that Our EX is not going to eat a pole. Any ideas on where to hide the camera and place the...
  23. E

Driver Seat Back Padding 2014 Explorer Sport

Driver seat I have a 13 Limited, last year when I got my explorer, I found that the driver seat felt like it was lacking support in the butt. It felt like you were sitting in a depression, I compared the passenger seat to the driver side, and found that the passenger side was fitted with a gray...
  24. E

Creak in driver seat

My 13 does it on the passenger side. This only happens with my wife along, Yes, I know all of the jokes. It sounds like the trim strip around the seat is rubbing, or the supports are loose and rubbing. Is your sound like mine or not? Pete
Back