Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Z

PLEASE HELP...difficulty starting

Is there a trick to pump up fuel pressure in case I cannot get it started...just until I swap out the pump?
  2. Z

When it does finally start, it runs fine. That is what made me think it might not be the fuel pump as I figured it would stall out or sputter but it does not. What about a cam or crankshaft sensor? Not sure the sensors would be affected by cycling the key on and off though?
  3. Z

By the way, I do not have the check engine light coming on. I put my code scanner on it and no codes are coming up either.
  4. Z

I have the SOHC. Any suggestions on how to check them to see if they are the problem?
  5. Z

Good afternoon, I have a 99 Explorer XLT. Recently it has been very difficult to start. I read somewhere that it might be the fuel pump but I am unsure how to check for sure. I have to turn the key on and off a few times, which I assume pressurizes the fuel rail, then the truck will start...
  6. Z

Alarm volume

Hi, I recently purchased a used 1999 Ford Explorer with a Pursuit Series PRO-9675FT4 auto alarm with remote start. It seemed to be working fine for the first few days. However, about 2 days ago, the volume of the chirps dropped down a lot, to probably half of what it was. The siren sound has...
  7. Z

Need Power Help??

Hi, I recently bought a 99 Explorer XLT. I am trying to mount my GPS in the console but would like to have the passenger side accessory jack to be powered when the key is on and off when the key is off. Would it be easier for me to rewire the accessory jack or to hard wire the GPS? What is...
Back