Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

New CPM/ECC Part Number Jumble

I determined that I needed a new Computer for my 94 Ranger. I ordered one thru OReillys. The Part number from my truck was F47F 12A650 ANB. OReillys had a cross reference to BWD Part number of ECC 279. I came home and checked on the BWD web site to see of ECC279 indeed cross referenced to...
  2. 1

Puzzled about coolant loss

How does your oil look? Is it milky? If so it could indicate that you have a blown head gasket.
  3. 1

94 Ranger will not start - need help trouble shooting

Different Manufacturers of Computers Are there any differences between cardone reman ecms and BWD reman ecms? It would seem that I can get a BWD one for ~100$ vice ~225$ for the cardone one..
  4. 1

Thanks MrShorty, I pulled the ECM and it smells as though it is fried. I found something that indicated anything under 0.1V was acceptable while researching computers. It appears that the one in my truck is the most expensive of the bunch for 1994. Its part number F47F 12A650-ANB. It...
  5. 1

I just measured the grounds using and old Fluke 8010A uncalibrated for 10years. At the connector; P40 and P60- (B/W leads) 60.5mv P20- (B/W/grn) 3.3mV 12.01 volts battery (key off) - 11.85 with key on. Pin1 (yel) - 11.85 volts. Are the grounds good enough? or is the impedance too...
  6. 1

Not sure what you mean. Are you referring to corrosion in the connector or somewhere in the wiring harness?
  7. 1

I tried to read any codes on the EEC self test. With key on - I got no voltage - no pulses, nothing. With Key Off it measured 12 volts. I did check the 2 red leads and 1 yellow lead at the connector of the PCM. All three measured 12 volts. The check engine light is not on when trying to...
  8. 1

Thanks- I am still reading thru the thread but on my ranger the pcm is not behind the passenger kick panel. My Haynes manual indicates that it is located the upper edge of the firewall on the passenger side. It is not. I am not exactly sure what it should look like but I think that it may be...
  9. 1

The check engine light was working. I measure 12 volts at the fuse. I see that it feeds a yellow wire back into the wiring harness. I am not sure how to check at the computer.... with key on the EEC power relay is engaged (12 volts at pins 87 and 30). If there is fuse or fuse link after...
  10. 1

The check engine light does not come on. The 30 Amp EEC power fuse is good - all of the fuses in the PDB test ok. I did notice that the Check Oil, Brake light and Seatbelts lights are on when cranking. Thanks
  11. 1

I have a 1994 Ranger that will not start. The problem occurred after it was started and was running for just a minute and the engine just died and would not restart With key on only the battery light comes on; the abs light is on momentarily. When cranking no other lights come on. The...
  12. 1

Replacing the liquid line on a 1994 Ranger ac hose assemby?

Thanks. I guess that I should have realized that as there are only two hoses on the thing.
  13. 1

Replacing the liquid line on a 1994 Ranger ac hose assemby?

I have found a leak on the low pressure side(between compressor and dryer) of the hose assmbly on a 1994 Ford Ranger. I thought that I had to replace the entire assembly but I have found what looks like just the low side (liquid line) hose that is a whole lot cheaper. I am not sure how to...
  14. 1

stuck schrader valve on Fresh rebuild

Thanks IZwack Had I been thinking, I have a tool similar that I have used for tires. Here is my lesson learned, never shove a plastic cap on a hot schrader valve! The cap kind of melted inside the valve. I am off to the parts store for a new valve assembly and a recharge do over.
  15. 1

stuck schrader valve on Fresh rebuild

First, I just joined this group a few days ago and I must say this is a great forum with lots of good info. I just rebuilt my 1994 ranger splash's ac system and thanks to this forum it went well. The problem is as I removed the gauge from the high side the schrader valve stuck open. I was so...
Back