Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Need to know what transmission will work

That sucks bad. Just don't have the funds for a rebuild right now. Thanks for the info.
  2. B

Need to know what transmission will work

I have a 98 4 door 4wd automatic V6 that just lost reverse and there is someone listing wrecked 2002-2008 with V6's. Would these transmissions be interchangable with the 98? They're about a 1/3 the cost of getting it rebuilt and I'm kinda poor right now. I just don't know what the difference...
  3. B

Compressor just stopped

The other day I turned off my AC so that I could hear a call better and when I went to turn it back on it was just blowing hot air. Prior to it stopping my AC was super cold and has never had an issue. Compressor will not even try to engage, checked all fuses and relay. I can find nothing...
  4. B

Solved Transmission Band Adjustment Specification Chart

Adjusted OD band and it's now shifting 8 to 10 mph sooner than it was. Hopefully I wont feel a delayed shift for another long time.
  5. B

Question about shifting into OD

160K and was done at 100K or 120K
  6. B

Question about shifting into OD

I'm actually unsure if there is really an issue, but I've noticed my 98 V6 4WD Explorer will not shift into OD until 50 MPH even under very light acceleration. I notice because it's 3 grand on tach and will drop to 2 grand. Maybe I'm just seeing issues that aren't there because I've never really...
  7. B

Where can I buy a replacement seat belt?

LOL, I'm as big of a perv as they get and I totally just typed that out without thought to how I was wording it.... Had someone else post it, I would have thought the same.... Note to self.... catch up on much needed sleep... you're not thinking clearly....
  8. B

Where can I buy a replacement seat belt?

Be sure to check the width of the male part and the female opening. Mine snapped after getting caught in door and I went and got just the strap and ratchet parts with male connector... All installed, went to put it on and the male connector was wider than the entire buckle.
  9. B

Where to buy 8.5" Rear Cargo speaker-01 Exp Sport

http://www.crutchfield.com/shopsearch/ford_explorer_sub_box.html
  10. B

looking for 98 wiring diagram.

I'm not positive what the specs of a limited are so I got the AC diagram for a 98 v6... If you need something else let me know... Here's automatic and manual Automatic...
  11. B

Factory sub enclosure

They go on the passenger side where that pocket is. You take that out and and the sub goes in. You can see a pic of one installed (not mine). Also on the drivers side you have filler pipe and jack mount that would be in the way. I've seen subs mounted on both sides but they've been pushed out...
  12. B

Need new center console arm-rest!

Just in case you've not found one yet http://r.ebay.com/vG8xqV
  13. B

Post Double Din pics..

If you have an Android phone you can order a obd2 bluetooth dongle from Amazon and then use the app Torque from the Play Store... I use it and it will read almost everything on my 98 Dongle - 16 dollars...
  14. B

engine harness diagram needed 98 sohc

I've uploaded the diagram to my google drive if you'd like them. 8 total files and the injectors are on 5 one down I believe... little sleepy https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1WayLmNDYpWcXVVSzZmN3I4TzQ
  15. B

Cruise Control not working

My cruise wasn't working and was showing as working but losing speed just like coasting. Nothing I read dealing with the electrical system did any good. Then just out of shear boredom I took this cap off and noticed the cruise cable had come off of the oval gear inside. Went to disconnect...
  16. B

98 Explorer Ladder Rack.

No, used no washers under the bolt heads. The back two however I had to go above the headliner and put washers as both factory mounts spun right off.
  17. B

98 Explorer Ladder Rack.

Kept the base that runs front to back and took the two elevated front to back and the side to side bars. Took the runners from front to back off and used as template for the square stock holes to mount with and put back on. It's dark out but you get an idea how it's mounted...
  18. B

Hard pull to the left when applying the brakes

After seeing the title I can in expecting to say caliper but seeing as you've changed it... I'd suggest getting one of those 15 dollar hand pump brake bleed kits from your local autoparts and totally flushing/bleed the entire brake system from and back. If you still have a pull I'd suggest...
  19. B

98 Explorer Ladder Rack.

First off, hello, happy to have found the site. Bought a 98 Explorer with the intentions of finding a pre-made ladder rack that would just bolt on. Called all over local and then starting the good ole google, found nothing but 1 Explorer with a rack and it was from this very site. Not a...
Back