Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Coolant leak on 4.0L

I got the housing all changed out, thanks for everyones help.
  2. E

Coolant leak on 4.0L

Parts ordered. Thanks for all the help.
  3. E

Coolant leak on 4.0L

Can I double check my part numbers anywhere? All I have to go on is the write up, further up in the thread, but my intake looks a little different than the one pictured. 2006 4.0L
  4. E

Coolant leak on 4.0L

Where is the best place to get these parts? Will my local autoparts store (Autozone,Oreilly's, Advanced Auto)have them or do I need to go elsewhere? Thanks
  5. E

Coolant leak on 4.0L

I noticed this weekend that I have a small coolant leak on my '06 4.0L. Can anyone tell me what this is that its leaking out of? http://www.flickr.com/photos/30293733@N00/6022105998/in/photostream Looks like the thermostat is just to the right of the arrow, but the leak seems to be out of...
  6. E

Rough running 4.0L

I guess I will just keep an eye on it. Thanks
  7. E

Rough running 4.0L

No codes, no lights. It's been running fine since I shut it off and restarted. Maybe some dirt/debris in the fuel system?
  8. E

WOW, Gen. IV fuel filters easier than Gen III!

Where is the fuel filter located on the '06 4.0L? Also, I've read in a few different locations (on this site) where the '06 requires the special tool to remove the filter, but above says, that it is not needed. Did the '06 come with two different filters? Thanks
  9. E

Rough running 4.0L

10. E

Rough running 4.0L

My 2006 4.0L really ran rough this morning on the way to work. All of sudden while on the highway, it felt like a tire went out of balance. Really shaking and running poorly. Slowed down to a stop and idled really rough, then ran poorly all the way back to the house. Once I got it home, I...
  11. E

Tire rotation, how often?

I have a 2006 Explorer and put new tires on it about 5,000 miles ago. How often should I be rotating the tires and what is the right rotation process? Thanks Jason
  12. E

Brake pad change 06 Explorer

Thanks guys. Thats all I needed. Jason
  13. E

Brake pad change 06 Explorer

I am getting ready to change brake pads on our 06 Explorer 4.0 4x4. I have changed brake pads on many different cars and they are all pretty much the same. Is the Explorer going to surprise me with any needed specialty tools or anything like that or is it pretty straight forward? Thanks Jason
Back