Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

Opinion: "fix" it, sell it or part it out?

Plus 1 with I am Todd. $3000.00 is way too high for a rebuild.
  2. V

Melted Plug in on Multifunction Switch

Sorry you did not get an answer,but thank you for posting the fix. I am sure many here appreciate it.
  3. V

Radio won't turn off help first ford

Like Koda said....Sounds like it is hot wired. Not sure,but I don't think the 95 had the option of turning the radio off when you open a door. My 04 works that way ,however neither my 97 or 98 did.
  4. V

Had a starting issue today. Couple questions...

I would check all the battery and starter connections,but it sounds like a bad battery to me.
  5. V

rear panel cracked ... what alternative options do i have?

The picture I saw of that X just looked black. It's my understanding it is just the glass exposed,could be wrong,sure would not be the first time. I believe you can replace the panel,sorta expensive,and use a better adhesive that will expand and contract with temp changes. That's what causes...
  6. V

1997 4.0L SOHC: PCV location?

PCV Location I have read on the forum that some of the PCV valves have a couple of threads on them and need to be unscrewed. Don't know if yours is one or not,but can't hurt to try.
  7. V

looking for a newer X, 2004?

You will most likely want someone that has had one longer than I,but I will jump in anyway. :) I had a 98 for many years and if not for a woman losing control of her car,would still have it. Loved it! Went out and got an 04 with 95000 on it for $6500.00 I have read about all kinds of problems...
  8. V

Help with heater

I did a search,prolly not the correct way,but did not find my problem. I'm sure it's here someplace,just can't find it. So sorry if it's a repeat. My heater only blows from the dash vents,no floor or defrosters. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance. Forgot....it's an...
  9. V

Hello Forumers

Many thanks. JD
  10. V

Hello Forumers

Thanks,looks like a great site. JD
  11. V

Hello Forumers

Thank you. JD
  12. V

Hello Forumers

Many thanks. Still learning my way around. Used to a different format,Delphi forums, so if I mess up just let me know. :) JD
  13. V

Hello Forumers

Hello everyone. New to this forum,but not to Explorer's. Had a great Red 98 that was recently totaled. Saved my bacon in a very serious accident. Even after reading a lot of bad things,I purchased an 04 Red Explorer. Love it!! I did purchase a three year warranty with it,just in case. My...
Back