Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Belt Tensioner

So far, proves to be true. Replaced. Temp gauge holding so far. It's only been a few days tho.. ken
  2. P

Belt Tensioner

Thank you. We replaced the themostat, after draining the fluid..and it the temperature gauge seems to be holding so far. It's only been a few days tho. We will see. Ken
  3. P

Belt Tensioner

Now the top radiator hose was collapsed, and after replacing it..refilling with fluid..the temp gauge fluxuates from normal (1/4) to a half (1/2) and back and forth slowly... people are telling me air bubble, radiator cap replacement maybe..water pump...thermostat....any definitive ideas?
  4. P

Belt Tensioner

WOW! Cracked head? we did replace the plug this year...one was cracked. Didn't notice any fluid in the plugs tho...maybe that is the problem...is a cracked plug...would that be due to the cracked head?
  5. P

Belt Tensioner

I have already done the paper clip, no codes listed other than the All system okay code.
  6. P

Belt Tensioner

It is a 95 and obd I. Therefore, no scanning. I did use a paperclip trick on it, and there are no codes being displayed or reported.
  7. P

Belt Tensioner

Broke off while driving. Replaced the entire belt tensioner assembly. Just replaced the belt itself less than 4 months ago. Didn't think I need to replace the belt...but, how would one tell that it needs to be replaced? Also...the 95 Ford Explorer OHV with 127,000 mi on it...has trouble...
  8. P

95 4.0 OHV 172000 miles

Ya, I'm kind of confused as to if my 1995 Explorer is OBD I or II...it has a Diagnostic port inside under the steering column...which leads me to believe OBDII..but, its pre-96! Ken
  9. P

95 4.0 OHV 172000 miles

Unable to pull codes, used CEL jumper short.. Was able to use the CEL to 'flash' my codes at me. I think this is what I get..a little hard to distinguish the codes when flashing. Code 117 and Code 176??? Ken
  10. P

95 4.0 OHV 172000 miles

Last tune up, well partial tune up (spark plugs and fuel filter last month)...Cleaned MAF sensor today..no improvement..CEL still on. TPS? Sensor? Location? Ken
  11. P

95 4.0 OHV 172000 miles

I used the Schucks scanner, not sure what or anything about it. Haven't tried to pull codes in the past. Where is the EGR valve and how would one check on whether it is stuck open? IAC was cleaned today, and is movable...seems fine. Didn't help, still CEL on. Ken
  12. P

95 4.0 OHV 172000 miles

Just started having a check engine light on, almost instantly from the vehicle start. It was going on and off for a while as the vehicle was driven...now, it remains on. Attempted to pull codes, but scanner says it can't connect to the computer. Schucks says my PCM is probably bad. ...
  13. P

Hood wont open and Power seat needs adjustment

Are you saying the seat belt is interfering with the seat movement or are you referring to something else? Please advise. Ken
  14. P

Jumpering ABS light

ABS=Antilock Braking System NOT Airbag system! :) Ken
  15. P

ABS light on, OBD scanner won't return data at all

The miss was simply a cracked spark plug, to which we replaced all 6 of them. 100% better performance. ABS light still on. Checked all fuses, next we are going to check the differential fluid and the sensor attached to the rear differential as well. Ken
  16. P

Fuses checked. At least any labeled as being ABS related. All good fuses. :) Ken
  17. P

I did check and hold the connection together...the machine recognized that it was connected..but it couldn't scan the computer..i believe it errored out if i remember correctly. The ignition was off when plugged in, then the machine advised to turn ignition to the on position. Even after...
  18. P

The OBD scanner wouldn't return anything what so ever. Not just for the ABS light...but, it wouldn't establish a data connection with the scanner. Pointing to the PCM being fried? Ken
  19. P

Schucks tells me that my boyfriends Explorer has a bad PCM or computer due to it not returning anything when attempting to scan for the codes... The ABS light is permanently on, can't scan for codes, and the vehicle has a 'miss' that sounds like it has a plugged fuel filter...We replaced the...
Back