Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Hubs

Went to the shop today to have both my rear wheel bearings replaced. Spent 45 minutes in the lobby till they came out and told me that the hubs would not come off. He told me they tried everything to get it come loose but it will not move. He said the easiest way to go about it would be to buy a...
  2. E

Swaying at high speeds

Did you replace the entire hub or just the wheel bearings? That was my next guess on top of the fact I need new rotors. As far as I know everything is OE with 150k miles on it so it's probably time to replace the wheel bearings. Can someone direct me on which brand to get? I'm shopping on rock...
  3. E

Swaying at high speeds

I just ran the PSI and I have 35 on both in the front and 34 on both in the rear. I'll top it off to see if it helps.
  4. E

Swaying at high speeds

Anyone experience swaying at high speeds over 60+? It's very annoying and it feels like it's coming from the rear. I've recently replaced the UCA+ Ball joints, Sway bar links, Sway bar bushings, and installed 4 brand new quick struts w/ 4 wheel alignment. Tires are rotated and balanced. Today...
  5. E

"Snow" and iced roads

As a Floridian we are not prepared for these types of freezing conditions. Northwest Panhandle of Florida is completely frozen. Any tips from those up North or out west on how to drive on Icy roads? I own a 2wd equipped with General Grabber AT2. I was going up an Incline just fine until I had to...
  6. E

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Been awhile. Slapped on some new tires General Grabbers AT2. Satisfied. Before After
  7. E

Headlights

Now that I have the fuses replaced and lights running should I go back and try the HID kit again? Or could that be a defective kit? I have extra fuses now so if its the ballast blowing it out I'll just return it.
  8. E

Headlights

It's plug and play. I'm pretty sure they are cheapo's but doesn't connect the the battery specifically. Just a ballast and wire harness. Which fuse is for the low beams I can't seem to locate it in the manual and I pulled the daytime lights and the fuse was fine. I was looking at the wrong...
  9. E

Headlights

Problem solved thanks. I'm not good on electrical and all. It was the fuses both had been blown
  10. E

HID Retrofitted Projector FogLights

Didn't want to create a whole new thread for this but I need to adjust the aim for my headlights. Just installed a new assembly and kit and they probably are aimed a little too high. I can read the word STOP on the stop sign from 8 houses down and when I turn the high beam on I see no difference...
  11. E

Painted Wheels

I figured I'd take my time on this one. I kind of bullshitted the sanding and etc but I never had paint chip it just got really faded away. And re balancing the tires would chip away the paint from the new weights. Do I need to sand down the paint before clear?
  12. E

Painted Wheels

Just need the opinion of those who have paint their wheels plus clear coat. Pictures would be great of a freshly painted set and maybe lets say a year or so after use? I've got the primer, paint, and clear stocked up so let me know if I should head back to the store to return and save my money...
  13. E

Rim suggestion Please help

Not too hard if you buy them brand new, but if you're looking for used with a really good amount of tread life you're SOL and near impossible lol. I just thought they looked cool. I'm probably going to keep it simple with some Cragars even though cheap that's my last project. Going to wear...
  14. E

Halo Fog Lights

I planned on ordering these awhile back. I finally got the black headlights+Corners coming with a 8k HID kit. Next week going to order the fogs if a picture ain't up by then I will post one.
  15. E

Rim suggestion Please help

Quite fond of these when I first saw them. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Monster+energy+rims&_sacat=0&_odkw=Rock+star+monster+energy+rims&_osacat=0 And you won't find any after market rims 16x8 if you're looking to save money by keeping your tires. Maybe you will but they're aren't...
  16. E

" Stage 2 " Intake 04-05

Smh. I wasn't "crying" about it being plastic. I said I didn't care for the fact it was plastic. Tips are obviously greatly appreciate around this forum in what you can do to help modify your vehicle but don't sound like a jackass. Whether this is the correct way or not to you, they will still...
  17. E

New Ford Explorer Sport: Fuel-Efficient, High-Performance SUV

Exactly. You're better off grabbing a 3.7L Mustang for 22k getting better gas mileage and saving you 10-20k depending on what upgrades you get in the Explorer. That's if you're looking to go "fast". If you have a family to haul around that's a different story but even still all these SUVs today...
  18. E

" Stage 2 " Intake 04-05

I ditched stage 2. Didn't care for the cheap ass plastic tubing. So I stayed stocked just removed the silencer, drilled the holes, and K&N filter. Good enough not much you can do to improve a gas guzzler.
  19. E

Need pics of different size front tint strip

Yeah I know someone. He is Air Force and is a resident of Florida. Stationed in California and he said he would constantly get pulled over but since they saw Florida tags they were like whatever. I guess they use some kind of laser to determine how dark your windows are he said and sometimes...
  20. E

Need pics of different size front tint strip

California is the only state that I know of that is **** about dark tint. Even at 15%. I have 5% all around need to get a strip as well. They can kick rocks if any other state has a problem with it. Going to make sure I keep my Florida residence when I get shipped off to the Navy. So I can pull...
  21. E

millage per tank fill up

Driving back home from Orlando takes me 6 hours and I got 420 miles out of the tank with around 21 gallons full and that was going 78 on the speedometer which is really 75 the whole way. City/Hwy driving I'll get about 350 per tank. I know about the lead foot lol. I let my brother borrow my X to...
  22. E

opinions for wheels?

XD says the patterns do not fit for Explorer but aren't the bolt patterns the same as Jeep? If that's the case then 5x4.5 should work and in the picture post there is a guy with rock star rims.
  23. E

Photos 3rd gen pic's

I found it funny that you happened to post these pictures because I just saw a Commercial as I'm sure all of you did if you're watching the Ravens/Steelers game for a stock Nissan Frontier drove up hill on a dune like it was pavement to help bump a dune bugy stuck at the top. SMH
  24. E

Need new tires

I bought BF Goodrich Long trail T/A stock size for around $500 almost a year and a half ago at Sam's club. Unless that's too expensive.
  25. E

Need to sale the X... What to with the upgrades?

List your aftermarket parts. I may have some interest.
Back