Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

What will replace your Sport Trac?

I would also look at a GMC Canyon with the 5.3 v8.. The only drawback is the drab low-budget interior..I would love to see more trucks use the power rear window like my Trac.. Use that alot.
  2. E

What will replace your Sport Trac?

I would probably consider a V8 Dakota. I like the column shifter-allows alot more storage space, where the trac seriously lacks.
  3. E

Buying an early gen 2 Sport Trac

I've had my 07 for 3 years and it now has 68k on it. I have had a tie rod end replaced and an HVAC control replaced(left side different temp than right side). Just had a brake job done but that was normal wear. Also had a squeaky body mount replaced that squeaked periodically. No issues yet...
  4. E

2007 Sport Trac Revving issue

I have the same exact truck and mine started doing this a few months ago with 62k miles. Ford checked it out and the only thing they could come up with was to change the spark plugs. I didnt do that. They believe the coil packs are ok. The tranny checked out. Like you, I only notice it in 6th...
  5. E

over drive on or off?

I have the exact same powertrain in my 07 and pull a boat about the same weight. You'll get better fuel economy if you allow the truck to decide which gear it wants, and and it will stay in 6th gear much of the time on level roads. It likes to run around 65 mph while pulling. I dont believe...
  6. E

Interior squeak

The dealer had the '07 trac for a total of 6 days and finally isolated the nasty squeak to a body mount on the right rear. The Service Manager there was determined to conquer this. So far, so good. While they had it, they updated the PCM, which improved the tranny shift. Total cost to me will be...
  7. E

Deep sounding dual exhaust on V6?

I have a Magnaflow knock-off (Flo-pro) on my 4.6 single exhaust and it has a deep tone with no highway drone. Took off the stock resonator. I chose the largest size (24" I think) so it doesnt sound too redneck. installed cost was $100 and 30 minutes for a nice welded system. Expected life of the...
  8. E

Interior squeak

Taking the Trac to dealer tomorrow to see if they can find the squeak. Some days I dont hear it at all, and other days it is almost intolerable.
  9. E

Interior squeak

Thanks everybody. I didnt think of door seals. I have lubed the seat hinges but will look at all of this again. Funny I didnt hear it all winter but showed up again when the weather turned warmer-may be some connection. I'm motivated to conquer this beast.
  10. E

Interior squeak

Thanks. I've had someone sit back there and pull on everything we could think of, even the subwoofer cover. Will keep trying cause it drives me nuts, but at the present, cant think of any other moving parts to chek.
  11. E

Interior squeak

I have a 2007 trac limited and have a squeak/chirp in the back right-side of the passenger cabin. Someone sitting back there does not make it go away, so I dont think it's the back seat. You can load-up the seat belt and it's still there. I dont know of anything else back there that could...
  12. E

no trailer rental from u-haul

U-Haul is incompetent when it comes to appropriate tow vehicles. If you tell them it's an F-150, they probably wont know the difference, even if they see your truck. You could probably pull in there with an electric SmartCar and get a bigger trailer than with a Sport Trac.
  13. E

Drivers Door Hinge

My left front door just did that today. 07 limited
  14. E

Were Heated Mirrors an option in 07?

The switch for the heated windshield/mirrors is between the switches for the heated seates, right above the console
  15. E

Better Fuel Mileage (Help Please)

I believe it's gonna be hard to achieve more than 23-24 with your truck. My 4.6 got 21.8 on the trip last week (Indy to St.Louis-75 mph), and wouldnt expect TOO much better with the 4.0 because the weight is about the same.
  16. E

Haggling makes me tired...

I bought an'07 limited v8 in nearly mint condition (33k)in the Chicago area last August for $21k.. I would be patient and keep shopping. There are alot of vehicles out there.
  17. E

Adding interior lighting

I would like to add some additional lights under the dash to come on when I open the doors in my'07 Sporttrac. Does anyone have any advice as how to hardwire these ?
  18. E

Supercharger for a 4.0 V6 Adrenalin

Just buy the v8.
  19. E

Hypertech Max Energy E-CON

My v8 averages 21-22 at 70 mph on the highway-completely stock.
  20. E

Another Tire Size Question

I am a fan of the Michelin Cross Terrains. Got 80000 miles on a set of these on our Envoy. My'07 ST had these on when I bought it and they are quiet and do great on snow. We'll see what kind of mileage I get on the ST with these.
  21. E

bed rails

I figured it out-took out the inner fender liner....fell right out.
  22. E

bed rails

I dropped a tonneau cover bracket down between the bedliner and the fender on my 07 Trac. Does anyone know how to access this area ?
Back