Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

New member from WNY

Welcome! Currently waving to you from Central Pennsylvania. I moved here short term from Buffalo.
  2. X

05 CD/Cassette Radio Combo. Bulb burned out under preset button

Guess not. I've asked around. No one seems to have an answer. I was thinking of going aftermarket anyway. I Miss the simplicity of Mp3's on a CDR, although FLAC to CD audio sounds beautiful.
  3. X

I'm considering an Aerostar.

Thanks for the responses guys. I posted my original question about a year ago. But hey, better late than never! FordBoyPete, I still haven't found one in good enough shape to get, but if I do, I think you sold me on a 1995! :salute: Timoboy, When I was at Ford as a engineer, we used to...
  4. X

Newer XLT Sport and Adrenaline wheels on a 02-05 Explorer/Mountaineer

Nice truck :thumbsup: I'd still like to see these on a 3rd gen in their stock chrome goodness. :D
  5. X

Yeah, I love 'em. I'd run them with a low profile tire for when i'm cruising and not going off-road.
  6. X

Hello all :) I searched but could not find what I was looking for. Does anyone have pictures of a 02-05 Explorer/Mountaineer with the Rims that come on certain Newer Model Explorers and Mountaineers. I wanted to see how they looked before I went and bought a set. Here is a pic of said wheel...
  7. X

'06 Rear A/C leak

I feel your pain. Been through the rusted lines scenario more times than I can count. A 2007 ANYTHING should have no rust, let alone rusted out. I live Outside of Buffalo NY, the salt capital of NY state. My friend's 2010 Explorer EB is starting to rust already.. Sickening. I see your not that...
  8. X

Puddle light lens replacement

I totally hear you. I thought the exact same thing when I called around and was told to buy a new mirror.
  9. X

Plastic License Plate screws?

I found some chrome plated anti-theft security screws. I think they look better than plastic and like the nylon/plastic screws, wont rust. These were 4 dollars and change at Walmart for 2. Obviously you need 4 :) http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bell-Anti-Theft-License-Plate-Fasteners/14324159
  10. X

Plastic License Plate screws?

Hi all, I bought some at the parts store and they just don't fit. They go in the front screw holes fine but do not go all the way in. In the back they wont go into the hole at all. Does anyone use these, and if so, what size do you use? Thank you so much :salute:
  11. X

U-Haul trailer rentals

My Email... Good Morning, I am emailing you this morning to kindly ask that you please reconsider the fact that you do not rent to people who drive Ford Explorers. I drive a 2005 Explorer and am about to pick up the completely redesigned 2011 Explorer. I can NOT rent any trailer from any of...
  12. X

05 CD/Cassette Radio Combo. Bulb burned out under preset button

Hi All, The bulb seems to have burned out behind button 3 on my radio. Has anyone ever had this issue with this model radio, and do they make user replaceable bulbs for this? Thank you! :D
  13. X

Class action lawsuit for cracked tailgate filed. 02-05

Somebody finally pulled the trigger on this... http://classactionlawsuitsinthenews.com/class-action-lawsuit-complaints/ford-explorer-mercury-mountainer-lincoln-aviator-cracked-rear-tailgate-class-action-lawsuit-complaint/ and http://www.facebook.com/topclassactions/posts/180517755311939...
  14. X

I need help replacing the light bulb in the rear view mirror.

NHarris-Thanks for looking for me! Let me know if you ever do find any. lynchywa- Thanks for the cd cover idea as well! No more junkyard runs for a while. I'll look again in spring. It's 8 degrees out right now :rolleyes:
  15. X

I Could still use those mirror lenses :)
  16. X

Good cheap place in Buffalo NY suburbs for struts-Ford Contour

Hi all, I know most of the time good and cheap don't go together, but this time I'm hoping I can get at least some middle ground. I need to change the struts and springs on my 1996 Ford Contour GL 4 banger. Wife says no to using the spring compressor myself and my other friends want nothing to...
  17. X

02-05. Are the mirrors all the same for those years? Britax is what mine says. And yes, I would appreciate that! Thank you! Both of my little clear lens covers are broken in half. No clue how or why.
  18. X

Both my plastic lenses were broken when I bought my Explorer. I called around it seems I need to buy the whole mirror assembly as these plastic lenses are not sold separately. No way is that happening. Anyone have a couple spare lenses they want to sell? :)
  19. X

Explorer Forum License Plate Frames !!!

:thumbsup: Thanks!
  20. X

Rear Lift Gate (upper one) Plastic broke in half

Add me too. Cracked from top to bottom. Looks horrendous.
  21. X

New Mountaineer added to your collection...

A friend of mine had the same issue on his Ranger. Turned out to be the battery. They did a load test on it and it was shot. Never had problem with drain since.
  22. X

New Mountaineer added to your collection...

Greetings from Amherst! Welcome to the board :salute:
Back