Newer XLT Sport and Adrenaline wheels on a 02-05 Explorer/Mountaineer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Newer XLT Sport and Adrenaline wheels on a 02-05 Explorer/Mountaineer

XT

Reaction score
City, State
Central Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017,2015,2005 Explorers
Hello all :)

I searched but could not find what I was looking for. Does anyone have pictures of a 02-05 Explorer/Mountaineer with the Rims that come on certain Newer Model Explorers and Mountaineers. I wanted to see how they looked before I went and bought a set.

Here is a pic of said wheel.

2010FordExplorerSportWheels.jpg

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

those are ****. Never seen 'em before.

those are ****. Never seen 'em before.

Yeah, I love 'em. I'd run them with a low profile tire for when i'm cruising and not going off-road.

They're very hard to find. I'd been looking for months for a set and missed one on e-bay. A national search on craigslist a few weeks ago only turned up two sets.

As someone said in the other thread, almost all vendors who have them want around $400 a wheel, which seems too high to me.

http://www.e xplorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306525

a guy runs those rims on his 2002 xlt but he painted them black

U beat me to it kazer...:thumbsup:

XT--I actually got lucky with these wheels...picked them up about 2 yrs ago for about 600 shipped but they were stripped of the chrome and no center caps...I had them powdercoated which came out great...

I found a set on craigslist last week and called the guy but he sold them already within a day...he asked 1500 with tires..you just have to search almost everyday and hope for some luck

Nice truck :thumbsup:

I'd still like to see these on a 3rd gen in their stock chrome goodness. :D

Thanks...

Try searching the forum...I've seen a pic of them on a mountaineer...basically the same I guess

Try searching the forum...I've seen a pic of them on a mountaineer...basically the same I guess

good memory.

I just snapped a few pictures of the new wheels I put on my 03 Mounty. These are the 20" rims that come on the new Sport Trac Adrenalin. I found these on ebay as a new factory take off set. I am very happy with them, they totally change the look of the truck.

03Mountaineerwithnewwheels6-7-091.jpg

03Mountaineerwithnewwheels6-7-092.jpg

03Mountaineerwithnewwheels6-7-09.jpg

Nice find kazer....thats exactly the one I was talking about...looks sweet

I wonder how these would look on a red/silver XLT???? They look amazing on that silver mounty.

Last time I was looking for pics for my cl wanted ad, I did a cars.com search for 20" wheels on 08-2010 if I remember right. There was an all red xlt that they looked great on.

I'd be curious how much one of those wheels weighs.

I'd love to have that kind of set to replace the factory 16's

Nice set..i wouldn't mind having those to replace the factory 16's

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are off the truck now. Got to get some new tires this Spring. Didnt have any issues with fitment. I never did get new Tire Pressure Sensors, so the light was always on when driving even though I knew the pressure was good.

Back