Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Bad starter?

Success! AutoZone confirmed the alternator was bad. A couple hundred bucks later and I'm back in business. Thank you again for everyone who responded to my post.
  2. J

Bad starter?

I'm on my way to Auto Zone with the alternator. This forum is awesome. I appreciate everyone who took the time to reply!
  3. J

Bad starter?

I know this is a common topic, and I have tried to read some other threads but don't see anything with exactly my situation. I have a 2003 Ford Explorer 4WD V6 Flex Fuel. I tried to start it earlier today, but it wouldn't turn over at all - just a 'click, click, click, click'. I was able to...
  4. J

Changing fuel filter on third generation X

I have a 2003 Ford Truck Explorer 4WD 4.0L Flex Fuel SOHC 6cyl. Can someone tell me where the fuel filter is located?
  5. J

ABS light

Thank you Thank you for your timely and helpful responses. I did confirm it was a wheel bearing by using the "12 o'clock/6 o'clock" test I read about elsewhere. I replaced the wheel hub assembly and this solved the problem. Thanks again for your help. Jeff
  6. J

ABS light

Thanks for the very quick response to my posting. I appreciate the help. Is the best fix for a bad wheel bearing to replace the entire hub assembly? If so, is that something that a novice could/should tackle?
  7. J

ABS light

I have a 2003 XLT V6 4.0L. Recently, the ABS light came on. I had a mechanic scan the vehicle, and he said the code indicated a failure in the right front wheel speed sensor. I replaced the sensor with a new one. When I started the engine and backed out of my driveway, the light remained on...
Back