Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Found the reverse wire. 2003 Explorer XLT

Sorry for the 3 year super bump, but can you repost the pictures? they are no longer showing up. I just installed a Poineer AVIC nav unit and I need to find those two wires. Could you describe the VSS wire a little better? Thanks!
  2. B

Need help finding the right component speakers

Actually I installed everything at the beginning of the month, I have been meaning to take pictures and make a video, just haven't gotten around to it yet with the semester starting. I think you guys will like how I mounted the tweeters in the front doors ;)
  3. B

So I decided to go with those Hifonics speakers, the Poineer GM-D9500F, an amp kit (only for the power wires) and power distribution block from KnuKonceptz, and I also bought a 9 conductor speaker wire which will make wiring super easy. I even have a little sound insulation left over from...
  4. B

Ok thanks! I want to be able to see the speakers and use the new speaker grills, but the door panel has that oval plastic grill already on there.Does anyone have pictures of speakers with the speaker grill installed and the plastic door panel cut out?
  5. B

Since I can get a 6x8 to 6.5 adapter, I was thinking these Hifonics Zeus ZXi speakers or those Kenwoods I mentioned in the first post, powered by Power Acoustic BAMF amp. We just bought a system for my brother and we are going to install it within the week and I will see how his sounds and...
  6. B

Does anyone have experience with Renegade brand speakers? I see a lot of good combo packages on Sonic Electronix but a lot have Renegade speakers, they have high specs, but some information seems missing, there are no reviews, and they seem pretty low priced considering their performance claims.
  7. B

So I can put 6.5"s in a 6x8 with different mounting? That would make things a lot easier.
  8. B

New set up questions

I don't know if you can run the stock speakers through an amp, I think it might blow them. I'm assuming the MACH system didn't come with an amp for those speakers. If you want to just add the subs then just go with a mono or 2 channel amp. If you do a 2 channel then you can have the subs in...
  9. B

New set up questions

No no, I meant using that particular amp he was looking at, the 5th channel looked way too underpowered for using both subs. Lastweek: if you did something like that the wood box would be exposed to all of the dirt and water and other junk from the road. You would either want to put a metal...
  10. B

New set up questions

Are you planning on taking out the MACH system for this new one or integrating parts of it? You need an amp for your subs. You probably wont be able to power both subs on a single channel with the amp you were looking at, unless you sacrifice your rear channel to power the second sub. If you...
  11. B

New set up questions

I have the Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD and love it. The only real difference between ours are the screen size, and yours has the USB, AUX, and SD input on the front while mine has it on the back and the SD input behind the moving screen.Try to pick yours up in a combo that has the navigation with it (I...
  12. B

Hey guys, I am thinking about upgrading my door speakers in my 03 Explorer. I want to find a good budget friendly amp (around 100 bucks, give or take 30?) that can do between 75-100W x4 RMS. I currently have an MRP-M500 amp with a 10" Type-R sub (I like Alpine) I need help finding decent door...
  13. B

Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD

I just bought one and installed it myself last week. The face did not open when I turned my truck off and I have not found the option to enable/disable it. The only reason why I can think that it would do that is if the faceplate were removable, but I am pretty certain that it is not. Yeah...
  14. B

New 03 sub/amp suggestions

Well I got the got the sub and amp and wiring kit from amazon.com and custom built my own box that fits perfectly behind the third row seat. I did all the installation myself and tuned it. The sound is perfect. The sub is probably more powerful than I needed but I am very happy. The order...
  15. B

Ok, I decided I am going to go with the Alpine MRP M500 amp and, an a SWR1043D Type R sub in a sealed box with a 4 gauge amp kit. I am still shopping around to find the best prices, I want to keep the entire thing under $350. Does anyone know of a good guide for where a good place to run the...
  16. B

Well, it looks like I may not go with Best Buy. So I was thinking of getting this combo: Dayton RSS265HO-4 10" Reference HO Subwoofer 4 Ohm http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=295-462 and Phoenix Gold RSd 600.1 D-class Amp + 4 gauge amp wiring kit...
  17. B

I thought I read that 8 gauge would be fine, should I use 4?
  18. B

Quick questions about a new audio system install.

Awesome, thanks for the pics. The inside of your Explorer looks a bit different than mine, is yours an XLS? Would mounting the amp on the enclosure be a good or a bad idea?
  19. B

Thanks for the suggestion on the Dayton RS 10", if that deal with my friend at Best Buy falls through, I may go with that one, I also found a good Pioneer amp to go with it. I also found a good cheap wiring kit with 8 gauge wire, on that site.
  20. B

Hi, this is my first thread. I have an 03 Explorer with factory amp/sub and am looking to upgrade them. I want to be able to feel the bass without shaking all the cars around me. I am happy with the factory front and rear speakers, so I only want to upgrade the sub and amp. My current head...
  21. B

Quick questions about a new audio system install.

I want to do exactly what you did, but maybe with a smaller sub like a 10 or an 8 inch, what would you recommend? I also have the 3rd row seat and use it frequently. Do you have a writeup or any pictures that I could use? I just want a sub/amp that I can actually feel, but not something...
Back