Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Moab 2008 Pics and Videos

pulled both radius arm bushing through the mount! thankfully it hit the metal back plate behind the bushing and didnt pull any further. i go to listen to the beams bang around the rest of the weekend and all the next week. its an easy fix, its happened before. i just have to drop the radius arm...
  2. G

Moab 2008 Pics and Videos

were here back in ca. we had a great time. spent all the next week on vacation. Thanks to all who set up the trip. We had a great time. enjoyed seeing new faces and hanging out with old friends. cant wait till the next run. now i got to patch the front end of the truck back together again... a...
  3. G

4x4 Gear swap -> 2.73 Rear

I run 4th gear pulling my 3000lb boat in ca all the time. i dont use 5th because it lugs everything and i get terriable fuel economy - 2400rpm and 10mpg. 4th gear manual tranny, 4.56 gears with 33inch tires turns 3100rpm at 65 and i get 15mpg pulling the boat. ive logged thousands of miles like...
  4. G

Moab 2008 Chat Thread : May 30-June 1 2008

hells revenge would be awesome for sunday.:bounce:
  5. G

Poison Spider Mesa, Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim are all one trail if we run it saturday as the little big dog run. we didnt run that last year and i would sure like to do it this year.:D
  6. G

in for anything friday, and staying through at least tuesday. with gas so expensive i will be stretching this vacation out, cant afford to go for just 2 days.
  7. G

how about golden spike saturday and hells revenge sunday, and before everyone groans, we didnt run the spike last year.:thumbsup:
  8. G

Hells gate... This time im gonna make it without the turtle pose:roll::D
  9. G

hehehe - I can hear the cb chatter allready. "hey, back up that steep hill so i can get a better picture...":D
  10. G

You bet she is. She is the only one crazy enough to ride with me on the trails:D she makes a good spotter and is alot of fun. When the beer boys mooned her from the other truck coming back from the branding iron all she wanted to do was catch back up to them and return the favor:eek...
  11. G

that was hillarious last year. I still cant find the whole trail that we ran on any map:confused: -joshua
  12. G

I will be there... :exp::salute: I may bring a hummer H2 with me this time, and before you guys start bashing it they do have 35s and a rear locker stock. :p: the hummer will only be there sunday Also.:D Going to run fri - sun with the group then run some easier stuff mon-wed and leave to...
  13. G

end of the road?

Its never too late to put them in. Search the site, there is a write up somewhere about installing them. even gives the part number. -later
  14. G

end of the road?

So did they put the upgraded metal freeze plugs in place of the rubber ones for the shift rails, or are you saving for another tranny in 50,000 miles. the rubber plugs will dry up and fall out, it is a known defect. When they fall out they let oil stream out the top of the trans and burn off...
  15. G

Photos Moab 2007 Photos & Trip Report

I had a blast. Thanks to everyone who set up the event. I met a lot of new people. :thumbsup: Fridays run was steelbender, and it lived up to its name once again. LT's bronco had one crazy looking front end after one of the obstacles. That V8 has some power! :D Trail running with gerald...
  16. G

Photos Moab 2007 Photos & Trip Report

Josh (Offroader_69_me) close... my site handle is goliath. You are very welcome. Learn everything you can about your truck. If you wheel it you will be working on it. :D Anytime I see someone broke down i try to help. I never know when I will need help on the trail, and usually when i...
  17. G

Moab 2007 May 19-20 Chat Thread

thats hells gate. Its the same obstacle i flopped my truck on its side during moab 2004. Theres a video of it around here somewhere. Its a blast to run, and i want to make it up it again this year. later, joshua
  18. G

omly if its raining...:p:
  19. G

Ill be there... look out Hells Gate... here i come!:exp:
  20. G

Wheel Bearing Problems???

Duh, forgot about that, so its easier to fix(whole unit swap), but way more expensive.
  21. G

check the preload again after 100 miles, you will find them loose. that is why you are killing bearings. they losen up as they run in. bearings on these trucks are very fussy about having the right preload because the bearings are too close together in the hub by design. Most on here will...
  22. G

Classic sign of bad bearings. do the test described above to find the bad one and replace.
  23. G

the bearings are the same inner and outer, always have been. either you are way overtightening the bearings or running them too loose. overtightening will seize the inner bearing spinning the race and ruining the spindle. too loose the wheel will wobble and the banging against the bearing race...
Back