Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

No reverse.

thanks
  2. N

Valve body

Thanks. I think that is where the problem is. Gonna start tearing apart tonight. Thanks again. BTY --- my radio doesn't work and i tore the passenger rear panel out to get access to the Amp. I have 2 boxes in the back. one is black the other silver. I have a rear woofer. Does this mean i...
  3. N

Valve body

I have 1st gear, when i go from park to R is the same as if going to N, No change, no rpm decrease or anything. Jumps right in when going to D. The band you mentioned, is it the one in the back of the tranny (towards the governor) controlled by the Reverse Servo?
  4. N

Valve body

That is one of the only changes i did during the rebuild and now the reverse doesn't work. Everything else was just cleaned and reinstalled, except for the damaged Clutch rotor/stators that i replaced. The old saying, don't fix it if it is not broken. I had reverse prior to rebuild and now i...
  5. N

No reverse.

I will replace the O-ring and see what we have.
  6. N

No reverse.

No, but i will on the next attempt. I did add a check ball. originally had 4 now has 5. i read somewhere that removing one back to 4 may help, but not sure which one affects the reverse. I am pulling on Tuesday and want to pinpoint the appropriate causes for failure. (REVERSE SERVO O-RING...
  7. N

Valve body

Anyone know which ball in the valve body affects reverse??
  8. N

No reverse.

Yes. Why would a valve body not torqued to specs cause no reverse?
  9. N

No reverse.

I was trying to avoid that. What is and where is this actuator? And is there any links that pinpoint the reverse function of automatic transmissions, so i can learn the Theory of operation? I will wait till my bruises and scratches heal before i attempt another Pull.
  10. N

No reverse.

Transmission would not shift up and eventually tore apart to find the problem. Found out the torque converter was from a ford arostar. everything in the valve body was stuck from the grime and metal shavings. Cleaned and inspected everything. Only damage was with one set of clutch plates, for...
  11. N

Transmission issues.

I don't know how to start a thread. Transmission was not shifting into0 higher gears. I did the rebuild and only replaced clutches ans seals. Torque converter also replaced. The torque converter i had previous was for a ford arostar. Reverse worked prior to rebuild.
  12. N

Transmission issues.

I just put back together my Transmission A4LD. Now Reverse doesn't work. Anyone know how to trouble shoot this problem.
  13. N

Anybody rebuild an A4LD

i found it, never mind. Thanks though.
  14. N

Anybody rebuild an A4LD

I just finished reassembling my A4LD and there is an extra part which i do not know where is goes. Can anyone help?? The part is some kind of metal bracket the size of a small cell phone. Has 2 holes for some kind of pin to go through.
  15. N

Solved 1998 - 2002 Ford Explorer Stereo Wiring Diagrams ARE HERE!!!!!

I am installing a new stereo and need to bypass the factory amp in my 92 Eddie Bauer. Does anyone know what wires go together. I have 2 boxes, one is black the other silver. The silver has a Red and yellow larger gauge wires going into the silver box and 3 wires coming out at the bottom (2...
  16. N

I think it's the A4LD blues?

a square metal spacer came out when i was cleaning the Valve Body from my A4LD tranny. There are spacers with notches in them, but this is completley square without a notch. It fell out and i do not know where to install it now? any suggestions?
  17. N

How To: Remove stubborn valve body end plugs (the brute force method).

a square metal spacer came out when i was cleaning the body. I know there are spacers with notches in them, but this is completley square without a notch. It fell out and i do not know where to install it now? any suggestions?
  18. N

I think it's the A4LD blues?

Shift solenoid Is there a way to bench check the 2nd and 3rd gear shift solenoids after removal?
  19. N

speedometer cable question

My cruise control is also disconnected... is there a chance that someone unhooked something like the tv cable or the wiring for the vss??? thus not allowing my tranny to shift up?? help please, ready to pull my hair out trying to find this problem
  20. N

automatic tranny won't shift out of 1st gear

i have been fighting with this same problem. bought a 93 ford explorer with 97 tranny. was stuck in low gear and won't shift up... checked all vacuum lines-good, governor in transfer case-good. fuses-good, modulator-good, just trying to figure out what is next to check... will keep posted..
  21. N

took transfer case off, govenor is clean and in working order, Modulator is in good shape also.....what next? 2nd Gear Selonoid?? any sugestions...
  22. N

i noticed that the radio was made in mexico when i pulled it... so much for buying americano!!
  23. N

do you lose anything, like sound quality or woofer effect when you byhpass the amp? or does the aftermarket radio have the amp?
  24. N

my stock radio is not working, gonna replace with a new radio cd player.. i was reading somewhere online, maybe here, that the ford amplifier doesn't work with after market radios, and the needs to be a modification to bypass the amplifier... is anyone familiar with this issue?
  25. N

always stuck in first, so i will investigate the modulator... thanks
Back