Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Moving tiles on Aviator settings menu

Does anyone know if there is a way to rearrange the “tiles” on the Settings menu. I use my seat massage a lot but it is on the 3rd screen and would be better on the 1st screen. I love my Aviator but just want to fine tune.
  2. E

A Sad Aviator Story

Now an update to this story. The dealer had Lincoln reps inspect the car and agreed it was defective. They offered $3500 off the replacement vehicle on top of my deal worked out with the dealer. The dealer had a car in transit I would accept— identical to the original order except buckets in...
  3. E

A Sad Aviator Story

I was called yesterday and informed that my Aviator reserve that I ordered labor day week-end was at the dealer and ready for pickup today--hooray. When I got there this morning, the salesman, when wiping the car down after washing, noted many dots of blue paint on the R fender and hood. The...
  4. E

Recent Orders , time to get into production

My Aviator reserve was ordered 9-3. I have a VIN and production scheduled for "first week in November" as blwnsmoke says above. Salesman texts me every week with updates but no change in situation for 2 weeks. Hard to wait and worry about the quality issues we read about. Apparenty the...
  5. E

Front License Plate Bracket

This removal technique was for the previous generation explorer. I removed mine from the 2011 model using this post and it worked great. the 2020's have a different bracket that is apparently more difficult to remove. See comment by Blwnsmoke Thanks for your diligence and great memory!
  6. E

2020 Aviator Reserve

My reseve 1 ordered labor day weekend was ordered with $1000 over invoice (more than $3000 off MSRP. This was from a dealer just outside Oklahoma City but in the metro area. The in-town dealer was MSRP only and kept saying $5000 over sticker in Dallas. I never checked that out.
  7. E

How to Remove Aviator front license bracket

Thanks for the reply. I contacted my dealer and they were able to delete the front license bracket since the order was just last week and not yet processed by Lincoln. Problem solved!
  8. E

Front License Plate Bracket

So how hard is it to remove the front license bracket if it is not needed?
  9. E

How to Remove Aviator front license bracket

I have an Aviator in order but didn’t exclude the front license tag bracket. How easy is it to remove? My state has no front tag requirement. I had to drill out my 2011 explorer bracket and was hoping this is just bolts.
  10. E

Split Armrest Issue

I fixed my 2 splits with Krazy glue. Just put it on both edges and held it together with my fingers for 30 seconds. It has held for more than a month with no recurrence. I was surprised but pleased. I didn't have to have stitches showing. I didn't trust myself to sew it anyway.
  11. E

Water Leak

Thanks Peter for being a wealth of information!
  12. E

Water Leak

So how do you get to the bolts to remove the roofrails?
  13. E

Time for tires

Got the same tires and the same deal and am very happy with the Firestones after 2000 miles. They are highly rated on tire rack as well.
  14. E

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

I got 45000 k miles on the OE Hankooks and they were quiet and rode well. We don't get much snow where I live so can't comment there. I bought the Firestone Destination LE2's which were highly rated on Tirerack and have been happy with them in the 1st 1000 miles. Also quiet and similar good feel.
  15. E

Questions 2016 Explorer Sport

Has anyone actually seen a production Platinum? It seemed that the dual gage instrument cluster was associated with Sync 3 but we have heard that won't be available on 2016 explorers. I won't believe the dual cluster until they are actually being build. Early test cars could have either.
  16. E

Dead battery lessons learned

My battery went out last week, suddenly with no warning. It just died, at 3 yrs old, and disabled the car (the OE battery died of a short at 6 months). It seems the cars with the newer electronics don't give you any warning of impending battery failure, like slower cranking on start, like the...
  17. E

Split Armrest Issue

Me too, same driver's side armrest tear at the seam. Just watching for now (along with leak in back above 3rd row seatbelt, driver's side sun visor with no power to garage door opener and lighted mirror, and nav system very slooow to connect despite TSB done). Will show to dealer but they...
  18. E

Driver's Side Sun Visor Problem

At least we are not having our sun visors catch on fire like the Grand Cherokee and other FCA models. (in the USA today on this date!)
  19. E

I didn't see other threads about this. Having the same problem twice is ridiculous!
  20. E

My drivers side visor was replaced once in warranty and now, at 49000 miles, has failed again. I took the visor off and the wiring has plenty of slack. The short appears to be in the visor itself, possibly the sliding portion that extends for better sun coverage. Both the mirror light and the...
  21. E

Water Leak

Thanks for the pics. Mine never showed up anywhere except dripping down the Passenger side 3rd seat belt with moderate to heavy rain. It is disheartening to think this has been going on for 4 model years with no change in Fords manufacturing practices. You would think they would have fixed...
  22. E

Water Leak

Where was the leak from exactly and how did they fix it? My 2011 with 48000 miles developed the same thing down 3 row seatbelt about a year ago. Dealer couldn't reproduce it in the shop.
  23. E

Age of 5th Gen Explorer owners? - Poll

67 yo, 4th explorer. May buy another in '16 or '17. Like the looks of the new Platinum model. I have friends 50-70 that also have and like their 5th gen. explorers.
  24. E

DRL (Daytime Running Lights)

I had my DRL's turned on 2 years ago (the amber turn signal bulbs). Since that time both bulbs burned out around 40000 miles. The problem is that there is a large metal support brace that goes right behind the bulbs and they can't be replaced on my 2011 model without removing or loosening the...
Back