Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

What happened to 'Send to Ford' in Google Maps?

I use the Google Maps 'Send' functionality to send an address to Sync. It was way easier than the voice search. But recently I've been unable to do so. Initially I thought it was a quirk of the specific browser or the address I gave but looks like Ford is not there in the list anymore. Is...
  2. A

MFT Master Phone Compatibility List - Add your phone

Carrier: T-Mobile Phone Model: HTC HD7 Operating System: Windows Phone 7 OS/Firmware Version: 7.5, I am guessing the latest Hardware Version: No idea Date Purchased: 1 year ago BT: Yes Audio Streaming: Yes Display Track Information: Yes, including podcasts which I love! Reliable...
  3. A

Sync turn by turn Navigation or SD Navigation with MFT?

I tend to agree with liratoad on this, I had opted not to get the sd nav package but instead use the sync turn-by-turn service. For the most part I use my portable GPS and/or smartphone. But turn-by-turn is also helpful, especially since sometimes it finds places better than my GPS, esp if I...
  4. A

I thought Ford's MFT was bad ...

... until I sat in an BMW X5. Now, I love my MFT :) The audio was creepy, and he had a top of the line model. And the navigational was useless, the simple free sync navigational is better. Check out a video of this at At least I paid "almost" less than half of him ... oh well ....
  5. A

Question about IPOD

I know this is not what you asked, but if the music is non-DRMed, can't you just buy a vanilla USB flash drive? I initially had a 4 GB flash drive with songs on it and I leave it plugged in. Once in a while I refresh the songs, but after the first index, I've never had much problems. Now, I have...
  6. A

Seattle Ford Service

I have been taking mine to Ford of Bellevue. Especially when it comes to MFT fixes, they seem to know what is going on. Again for the sudden-transmission jerk, just mentioned it and they knew of the TSB, told me what exactly the issue was and how it was going to be fixed and took care of it, no...
  7. A

Question for Those Who Had Dealer Install Upgrade

If u r anyway going to leave it at the dealer, why not get some more things fixed. One thing I did was also to get one of the 'transmission jerk' TSBs fixed for me. I have one of the older models for which I had to take it to the dealer. Got the MFT update, oil change and also the fix for the...
  8. A

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

I just got mine upgraded at the dealer (no usb stick for me, mine is one of the early models, so had to go visit the dealer) ... the system feels and works much better, baxterdown, you should really reconsider your option. I've started slow, but only connecting my phone now. It synced my...
  9. A

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

Does anyone know of a place other than syncmyride.com that has this elusive update? I know my current version is 2.11, I don't have NAV and the upgrade should work for me. But until now, I haven't received any USB sticks and somehow ford think's I should take mine to the dealer X-(
  10. A

Nope, I do not have Nav. @darenberg, me too ... glad to know I am not the only one with this problem ... my only explanation is that the previous (2.11) upgrade was done by the dealer and hence the site/system must have assumed I'd need to take it back there.
  11. A

I am on 2.11 version, which should be the latest. But no, I haven't run vehicle history report in a while, ... will go and run that in the evening. Hope that gets me the download link!
  12. A

Are different folks getting different messages on syncmyride.com? For me, I login but don't see any options to download any updates. When I click on 'Update and Customize' it says 'The Perfrance Update is now available, Contact your local dealer ... clicking on that just gives me dealer info and...
  13. A

MFT Gen2 demo from yours truly!

thanks baxterdown for the sneek peek ... now if only they hurry up and send that USB ... I really hope this works in actual like with the same speed and elegance!
  14. A

Explorer Gas Mileage - including Ecoboost

12-14? Isn't that a little too low? I have mostly city driving where I get around 17 - 18, this is with 3 passengers. On highway with 6 passengers and cargo I averaged around 21 mpg. Mine is a V6 4WD, so I am surprised at your mpg. I now have about 7000 miles on mine.
  15. A

Any luck setting up 911 Assist?

I was playing with the system settings and was trying to set this up after my last upgrade. I don't know whether its my phone or sync, but the 911 assist does not allow me to enter actual emergency numbers. After downloading the phonebook, I try to setup ICE #1 and ICE #2. It only provides me a...
  16. A

Has Anyone Used the AV/in feature of MFT ?

The only catch is, as Sgt said, the truck needs to be in park. I've got my old XBox connected using AV cables, and am able to play games on it. Best is able to pay Need-For-Speed everytime I get stuck in traffic for long ... Except, i don't want to immediately start driving after it ;-)
  17. A

Services not working after upgrading to 2.11

I've had MFT 2.8 and while it hard it quirks, it was generally ok. I took my EX to its first scheduled service and the dealership offered to upgrade it to 2.11. Now, the system is a little faster, but the sync services does not work at all. Voice command for services gets achnowledged, but...
  18. A

New ex vs highlander

These were also my two choices when getting a new vehicle. Things I like in highlander: - Its a standard vehicle, none of the 'techy' stuff like explorer. So, yes, you do miss some of the voice commands, but hey, it works ALL the time. - Feels like a little smaller when you drive - Had...
  19. A

What's your favorite voice command?

One of the most frequently used one's for us is the 'Play song ------', with the song name from the title in the USB stick. Most of the time this is used for my 3 year old nursery rhymes, so we both keep repeating 'Play song little bunny foo foo' over and over.
  20. A

Anyone happy with their Ex?

Same here, bought an early 2011 model, went through older MSFT updates and A-beam rattles. In spite of all that, I totally love my EX and would buy if again if I had to. Noew, everytime I sit in one of the other vehicles I had on my list, I really appreciate how much the little things in...
  21. A

SYNC Calendar

Conside this .. You are in the frigid winter of Alaska, just coming back from that long fishing trip, driving back home. Days are short and nights are long ... You suddenly wonder what date it is Monday or Tuesday?... Of course, you have the phone that has bluetooth and can smoothly sync with...
  22. A

Video on MFT screen

Actually, I have v2.7 and I can play video (DVD player and XBox) without issues.
  23. A

Your actual mileage may vary??

Just looked at the trip guages today, since buying my X, I am averaging around 18.5 mpg, and the last 500 miles (mix of city + highway + single rider + fully loaded) its around 20.3 mpg. Odometer says 3k, so I guess there is an improvement since purchase. I, for one, was expecting close to 17...
  24. A

Other vehicles you considered before buying the 2011 X

We considered a bunch of them. Was looking for a good SUV, 7 seater was a 'nice to have'. - Toyota Highlander (was a serious competition) - Vovo XC60 (the 5 door one, liked it) - Lexus R350 (hated the wood trim) - Edge (actually went looking for Edge and found the X) - Flex (wife vetoed...
  25. A

Free Navigation?

I've used this a couple of times with varying degrees of success. If it gets the address correctly, it navigates pretty well, with voice and visual prompts. And it disconnects my phone after download. There was road work and I had to detour. It told me that I was out of my route and whether it...
Back