Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Pics of My Tuxedo Black 2011 Ltd

I have the orange fog lights, I was referring to the circular HID lights. I've seen on my bumper that there are circular pre-etched notches that could be cutout to add them, just didn't know if I'd need particular ones. Thanks guys.
  2. D

Open driver side door to get in, and get soaked!

Yes, my XLT dumps water on me after rain or a car wash whenever I forget to move out of the way when opening a door. I'm ordering rain guards to solve this odd flaw. Still love my new ex too much to be mad, but it is an odd thing to have happen.
  3. D

Your actual mileage may vary??

FWD XLT, 95% of my driving is highway, no equipment or anything dragging my ex down, driving by myself, and the panel says I average 14.2 MPG. Am I doing something wrong? How is everyone else getting so much better mileage, especially with AWD?
  4. D

Pics of My Tuxedo Black 2011 Ltd

I have a 2011 Tuxedo black XLT and I see 2 differences right away that I'm curious about. 1st are the circular halo lights below the headlights. I'd love to know how to add those on, they look sharp. Also, my front grill is silver, not black. Did you do that or was that how it came...
  5. D

Hooray it's here, nightmare pick-up though

I had almost the exact experience on my pick-up day, and I have 2 things to add that might help. You coined it exactly rnmom (I'm an rn myself!) when you said it took the wind out of your sails. You get that phone call and are sky high only to run into a 4 hour unnecessary ordeal with some...
  6. D

Does Ford Even Care about the Surveys?

I also had a terrible experience with my dealership. It's in an earlier posting somewhere. What I learned is that Fords policy is that if even 1 of the survey criteria is not deemed by you as outstanding, or whatever the top mark is, in ANY area, Ford considers it a fail and the dealership...
  7. D

Iphone 4 and MFT wifi hot spot

I apologize if this has been covered, but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. How do I set up my iphone (not jail broken) to create a hot spot in my truck, do I have to buy a tethering plan from AT&T? It was my understanding that the MFT somehow bridged onto the iphones 3G network via...
  8. D

Picking the Ex up - the Good and the Bad...

And I don't know if you caught it, but if you look at the pictures you'll notice that there is a feature missing. I didn't catch it until I got home as I was mentally wiped after that process. Yup, no crossbars. Not installed and not lying around in the truck. Either they didn't come with...
  9. D

Well the XLT has the optional upgrade to the 20-inch tires. But to answer your question, no they were not standard. It was an additional $1000 dollars or so. They are the Hankooks not Michelin. As I'm not someone who has ever been into rims and tires and such, I didn't even consider upgrading...
  10. D

Ha, You noticed that! Yeah complete misnomer. Ive found that many crappy businesses use improper words in their business name to cover up their inadequacies. "Best" Buy leaps to mind.
  11. D

MyFord Touch Home Screen

To bring up the wallpaper, you touch the home screen button from your main window located at the bottom of the screen, the one thats shaped like a house. If you are not on the main screen then just touch it twice. A little picto-gram pops up with three "layout" designs to utilize. One is...
  12. D

So after what seemed like a never ending eternity, I got the call yesterday. THE CALL. The one were all waiting for. Adrenaline starts flowing, mind is racing, Christmas has come. Time: 1:45 pm Dealer wants about an hour or so to fill up the fuel tank and get it washed up. No problem...
  13. D

MyFord Touch Home Screen

My wife and I always give our vehicles a name after a bit of a drive to give them a little personality. After driving my new ex, he is decidedly a Harrison. That of course, makes him Harrison Ford. My Wallpaper It just brings out the 12 year old in me. Hope your all enjoying your new...
  14. D

Flasher button, bad placement

I picked up my new ex last night, and in the span if an hour in my driveway trying to set everything up, I set off the hazard lights 7 times. It takes but a wisp of a touch to turn them on, and then the will of Job to turn them off. It's a very silly design since it is exactly where my thumb...
  15. D

My Ford touch + iphone (or ipod)

Hmmm, So did anyone ever figure out how to get iphone 4 contact photos onto the myFord touch. I've been reading up and it's just this floundering issue for many with no real solutions posted yet. I heard about trying to sync facebook photos to your contacts and then "entering them...
  16. D

The "I can't wait" thread

Dealer just called, shhhhheeeeeee's here!!! All told, 9 days shy of two months, not too bad, from 1-28 to 3/19. They told me they need an hour to fuel her up and make her shiny after the long haul. I haven't felt like this since I was ten years old opening a box laser tag on xmas morning...
  17. D

Window Side Vents / Deflectors

The dealership wants $80 some-odd dollars for this and I'm curious if anyone has had experience with these. It seems there are in channel and out of channel versions that adhere with a 3M foam tape. (Seems in-channel would be preferable, anyone know?) I live in the ironically named...
  18. D

The "I can't wait" thread

My original ETA was 3/5. It came and passed. Then I was told 3/13 for sure. That came and went. I learned from my dealer, who reluctantly searched out the location that it is in Louisville, KY. She warned that even though it's in transit, the convoy trucks sometimes sit for days at any...
  19. D

Expected Delivery Date

Yes they are, I looked it up on Friday to make sure. 9 am - 7pm. I've got fingers crossed.
  20. D

Order Vehicle with Trade

I'm positive, and I don't believe that would be state dependent. Only the amount of sales tax varies. I've been working with an autonation agent since January and he's drafted up several different billing orders for me based on different trucks he thought I would want to pursue. Each one has...
  21. D

Order Vehicle with Trade

I took my 04 Corolla LE (75k miles) to Carmax first and had them appraise it. Took 20 minutes and everyone was super nice. They said $5500. I ordered back in January and new the ex was soon to come, so I wanted to nail down the trade in bit before it arrived. After Carmax, I drove straight...
  22. D

Everyone's Tailgating Me!

I agree, theyre getting a better look. I would be too any chance I got. There's not a 1 in my town in the Orlando area, and I'm on the roads quite a bit. I keep my eye out just so I can get a closer look with the curiosity of a newborn kitten. Mine has been slated to arrive today, so maybe I...
  23. D

Expected Delivery Date

My ETA by all estimations is TODAY! Original ETA was 3/5, but the dealership, Seni, Cory, and the autonation site all then confirmed today 3/13!! I feel like a kid on Christmas, but that fear keeps lurking that no one will call me today. I don't think my wife will tolerate me if it doesn't...
  24. D

Running Boards - DeeZee and Others

Running Boards for 2011 Ex My wife, being petite, asked if it was going to be a problem for her to get in and out. I frankly didn't know. I'm 6'2" and like a guy, didn't think of it. I don't see running boards in any pictures of the new ex, so I'll safely assume they're not included...
  25. D

Light Stone or Charcoal Black Leather

Lucille, you've made my day. I love that you actually took the time to plan out grabbing some duct tape for grey and kleenex for white against your seat. Thank you so much, it was very sweet of you to do that.
Back