• Register Today It's free!

Iphone 4 and MFT wifi hot spot

DavidM

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
I apologize if this has been covered, but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

How do I set up my iphone (not jail broken) to create a hot spot in my truck, do I have to buy a tethering plan from AT&T? It was my understanding that the MFT somehow bridged onto the iphones 3G network via USB cable.

It is my obvious hope that I don't need a tethering plan, and if I don't how do I go about setting it up?

Thanks for any help!

1. You can't. There are very limited number of USB based wifi hot spot sticks that work with MFT right now. The list may expand in the future w/ updates but your iPhone is not on the list right now.

2. IF this feature works, you will 99.99% likely need to have the tethering plan enabled.

I have the tethering plan on my Iphone 4. I dont have my Explorer yet. However I use the tethering as my home internet. I LOVE it and it is much cheaper than internet service in my area.

I apologize if this has been covered, but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

How do I set up my iphone (not jail broken) to create a hot spot in my truck, do I have to buy a tethering plan from AT&T? It was my understanding that the MFT somehow bridged onto the iphones 3G network via USB cable.

It is my obvious hope that I don't need a tethering plan, and if I don't how do I go about setting it up?

Thanks for any help!

If you have the tethering plan from AT&T/Verizon then you can connect the phone to the MFT using Bluetooth PAN. However with both AT&T and Verizon now the phone has a built in wifi hotspot feature with the tethering plan, so it's not really useful anymore :)

Back