Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Steering knuckle assembly

Hey guys, Blew the driver's side front bearing in my '99 EB SOHC. Truck is from Syracuse - rusted pretty bad. The bolts holding the caliper bracket on are frozen in place. PB Blaster, Acetylene, impact wrench and special tools from Irwin have gotten me nowhere... So - with the bracket...
  2. F

Lower oil pan issues

How does the rot happen in Florida? I've been waiting for that question :) I just picked the truck up from Upstate NY (north of Syracuse) where it has lived for the past decade... Wire brush, PB Blaster, 9mm, 10mm, 3/8" all not working so well - gonna try a few wrenches tonight - like I...
  3. F

Lower oil pan issues

Yeah - looks exactly the same - just can't get a wrench on 2 of the bolts - probably because they are corroded... my SAS was less aggravating! J
  4. F

Lower oil pan issues

Hey Joe, It's the oil pan on my SOHC 4.0 - totally rusted out. There are two bolts on the driver's side front that are above the pumpkin. Problem is they are so cheezed up I can't get a wrench on them. The 10mm is too big (slips) 9mm is to small. hen accessing from the front, the...
  5. F

Lower oil pan issues

Hey guys, Oil pan in my '99 is rusted out... The bolts are a royal PITA to reach. Has anyone ever replaced the lower pan? Any tips on reaching the bolts around the pumpkin without droppong it? Thanks! J
  6. F

Oil pan needed for '99 SOHC

Thanks Joe! I'll check on that right now!
  7. F

Oil pan needed for '99 SOHC

Hey guys, I am having a similar problem as a few others - lower oil pan rusting out and leaking. Saw someone purchased an oil pan for about $40, but I can't find them for less than $150. Any ideas? Thanks! J
  8. F

Unusual ABS problem, can you help me?

The whole assembly is bolt on. NOt hard at all. I don't know what the readings are with a DVM - my bearing issue was quite obvious :)
  9. F

Unusual ABS problem, can you help me?

I had a similar issue with my '99 and it turned out to be the wheel bearing assembly. I failing bearing will cause the disc to shift slightly, wearing on the sensor. Good news - ewasy fix. Bad news - if it's like my '99, the bearing comes sealed as an assembly, including wheel studs and ABD...
  10. F

He's BAaaccckkkk.....

Pics coming shortly... ;)
  11. F

He's BAaaccckkkk.....

Great trip back from Syracuse, NY - after blowing a bearing in the front, I learned that bearing replacement is no longer simple or cheap...
  12. F

He's BAaaccckkkk.....

Figured I would post as a newbie since it's been 5 years or so since I sold the Tramp... Just picked up another Explorer - '99 Eddie Bauer. Was going to wait until I got it back to FL before posting, but since I am stuck in Emporia, VA with mechanical difficulties (and without any real tools)...
  13. F

Black Ox Solid Axle Swap 1991

Good to see you're still buildin up the Ox Mudd*****! Haven't been offroad in years - gawd I miss it - any ideas where the Tramp is? Haven't seen or heard anything since sending it to AZ.... J
  14. F

Back in action - other side of the tracks this time!

Yeah - there wil be another rig. I needed something respectable for clients - probably 4-6 months before I start a new project. J
  15. F

Mods will be something along the lines of: Pulley airbox predator programmer electric fan according to my local ford guy, this will bring it to about 390hp at the rear (up from 280) and it should run in the 12's... then there is the stereo - that needs a bunch of work :) Here's a...
  16. F

Hey guys, I'm back from my hiatus - this time with a '02 F150 Harley. The 4x4's are by the wayside for now. Can I hang out with the speed freaks for a while :confused: J
  17. F

4 link rear questions....

Great point on the fuel cell - hadn't thought of that (it won't stop me though :) ) Now to think of where to put the tank... J
  18. F

4 link rear questions....

Hey guys, Now that I have approval to start a new toy, I am beginning the research to build a 91-94 sport with a coil-sprung, 4-link rear axle. Has anyone done this on their Ex? Any good resources? Thanks a bunch! Jon
  19. F

410Fortune - 88 Bronco II, sort of

Why do I ask? Well - that too is a loaded question... I got permission from the MRs to begin another project - as long as I can store it in self-storage after completion (she wants HER garage...) So - that being said, I am going to start TRAMP Part Deux this fall. Not sure what -...
  20. F

410Fortune - 88 Bronco II, sort of

410 - How hard was the engine swap? J
  21. F

Questions about a mustang?

The 5.0 is easier and cheaper to work on. I agree with the point on mods as well - be careful. I have a '94 that I love - I have replaced the heads with ported and polished E7's (stock heads) that flow as good as GT40's. This with a bunch of other stuff (including a new computer) have me at...
  22. F

MadMike's 93 SAS

Mike, I'm still hanging around - selling the stang now to grab an F150 FX4 Lariat - kind of an all purpose deal. Won't be able to beat on it too much, but at least I can get back in the woods again!
  23. F

1995 - Dora the explorer SAS

Send pics buddy! I'll call you tonight at your house after I get the email... J
  24. F

Tramp is done!

That is entirely possible. I figure a coilsprung D30 with 33's, soa in the rear and 4.56's would be a very easy project after what I went through with Tramp. BTW - Brian, your truck looks great - are you really going to sell it? J
  25. F

Tramp is done!

Well, Now that the move is out of the way, I can get back in the game. Not sure what direction - thought about a cj - even thought about a 2door ex and doing another SAS. Need room for the kids to ride and to carry the dive gear. Also - can't go too tall as it needs to get into my garage :) J
Back