Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Passenger Windshield wiper broken

Found the problem. The arm from the motor to the wiper on the passenger side had came off the ball on the motor pivot arm. Removed the screws holding the cowering, raised it up enough to get my hands inside. Put the arm coupling back on the ball and a little help with a bar and hammer was...
  2. B

Passenger Windshield wiper broken

Fall 2013 had experience of the passenger windshield wiper would not work after the wiper stuck to the windshield due to ice. Took the Explorer to the dealer to repair. Dealer informed me that the arm under the cowling came loose and they hooked the arm back up. Has been fine until this...
  3. B

Shift to Park Warning

"Shift to park" also in my 2011 Explorer. Have had it to the dealer and my wife got the typical response "could not get it to fail" Have another appointment. I seen a video somewhere showing pushing the switch on the shifter and looking at the "P" on the gauge cluster until the "P" would night...
  4. B

Received my letter from Ford - Cooling Fan reprogram

I also received a letter on the 12B36 Customer Satisfaction Program for my 2011 Explorer. Will be interesting to see what my dealer says, since they just did the MFT software update a few weeks ago.and left the engine running. They had the engine running the entire time and guess they were...
  5. B

SYNC Version Gen2 - V3.0.2 confirmed installs

Sure is interesting to see the large variations of SMR reports on software modules. Surely there is more users out there that have not reported their SMR report. With those that have reported, I cannot see any pattern. I would think there would be a difference between Nav/no Nav...
  6. B

This is why it is interesting to look at the SMR confirmed report for each vehicle. I would expect that IF the hardware is all the same, that each X updated would show the same number of modules with the same version. Module version appears to be the last two characters of the module I.E...
  7. B

The intent of this thread is to see what you SMR confirm installations shows for your Explorer and to compile a data base of confirmed installations. Could be interesting to determine who is having issues based upon method of installation. Make sure to perform a MFT History Report before...
  8. B

Updating Info on SyncMyRide website

Follow steps in video and report will be sent to SMR via your cell phone. Phone must be paired/linked to MFT. http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/SyncPage I had mine updated at dealer using USB and they did not update SMR. I had to run the health report...
  9. B

Got update at dealer but didn't get the booklets.

Look at Links below: MFT with Nav http://syncsupport.ford.com/media/d/1_MFT_UserGuide_NAV.pdf http://syncsupport.ford.com/servlet/technology/guide-to-sync-with-myford-touch
  10. B

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Ran mine about 4 hour after the dealer installed my upgrade from their USB device. They also supplied the SD card. I have not received anything from Ford. SMR told me I had to return to dealer for the install. Rebecca also told me that I must return to the dealer for the installation.
  11. B

Do you have Nav? You have less module loads then what I show. This is why it would be interesting to see what every bodies SMR conformation looks like. Also would be interesting to see what each module controls. Make sure you run a current MFT history report. If you reply, note the...
  12. B

Got mine done today, It reads: "Recall: Recall Concern 11A02 Sync with MyFord.MyLincoln - Touch Performance Upgrade Corrected by 11A02D: Work Performed by House Tech (999) Installed CT4Z19H449AA : Navigation Map Card Performed Recall and installed SD card. Cost was covered by...
  13. B

Glad to see you got yours done. I will see tomorrow what they do with mine. I am going to insist that they use the Ford IDS version and not the USB method. Also hope they have an SD card. The IDS version should be the latest with any changes made after the USB upgrade were sent out...
  14. B

The issue I see is that the dealer will take a short cut to install the update by using a USB method instead of the required IDS computer install for those that must return to the dealer. As you have seen on this thread that some has circumvented the "go to dealer for install" and finding a...
  15. B

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

The issue I see is that the dealer will take a short cut to install the update by using a USB method instead of the required IDS computer install for those that must return to the dealer. As you have seen on this thread that some has circumvented the "go to dealer for install" and finding a...
  16. B

Was wondering if anybody just received a letter from Ford that states, the update must be done at the dealer, and did you receive a SD card only. I am schedule for an update at my dealer, but skeptical that it will be programmed Via the IDS computer as required for all who must go to a...
  17. B

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

Was wondering if anybody just received a letter from Ford that states, the update must be done at the dealer, and did you receive a SD card only. I am schedule for an update at my dealer, but skeptical that it will be programmed Via the IDS computer as required for all who must go to a...
  18. B

MFT - MyFord Touch Update received at home

19. B

What does SyncMyRide say on how your vehicle will be upgraded? Print this out and take it to your dealer as a reminder of what they need to do. Date: March 5, 2012 To: All Ford & Lincoln Dealers, General Managers, Sales, Service, & Parts Personnel Subject: ACTION REQUIRED -...
  20. B

Look at this link for more information. Look at post #23 http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/9209-new-mft-update-is-out/page__st__20 Appears the Edge owners are ahead of us X owners in receiving updates and/or letters.
  21. B

The intent of this thread was to inform each other on when they received a letter or update package from Ford. We can discuss all day what the dealers say and you probably won't get a matching response. I trust this site more then my dealer and appreciate Cory, Rebecca and IVT team responses...
  22. B

Today is the 7th mail day. Looks like one (Capman, Cranberry, Pa) has received theirs and hopefully more will be receiving the update or letters from Ford. I live in Western Arkansas and hope to receive something from Ford soon. First PM from Rebecca "I checked your VIN and you will have...
  23. B

Since it looks like a re flash may have to be done at the dealer for some owners, I would think there should be a TSB instructing the dealer service tech on what is required to install the new software. The TSB should also show reason vehicle is being required to be returned to the dealer for...
  24. B

My dealer says he does not have the update or SD cards for updates. They say I should receive it in the mail and they could install it when I receive it. SMR shows that I need to return to dealer for update and when showing the form to dealer, I was told they could not do anything. Talk...
Back