Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Will this work on gen 2's??

I've read how the extension is not needed on gen 2's for up to 2" of body lift, my main question is if the screws specified in the thread for gen 3's (the link above) will work on the gen 2 X's? Anyone know??
  2. M

Center Console Repair!!

joe dirt: i've been looking around for a new one but all the ones i've found are about the same as mine, keep in mind the newest gen 2 X is already 10 years old. So i'm trying to figure out the best way to strip the rubber film off, which is the hard part. I've tried a heat gun (makes it...
  3. M

Will this work on gen 2's??

Will this work on gen 2 explorers?? http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312012
  4. M

Center Console Repair!!

Hi, i'm working on fixing my center console, the paint is peeling. Any one been through this? Any ideas will help!
  5. M

5/16" spacer with longer studs??

anybody??
  6. M

Hard time selling my X!!!!!

I'm usually around houston so meeting someone IN the city is not a problem. In fact, I've driven the truck to Houston 3 times just to show it to different potential buyers, once they see it and drive it, they give me a bs offer and i refuse.. My next door neighbor is now interested in buying...
  7. M

That's true, except I list it in CL, in the city of Houston which is a big city, very populated.
  8. M

i've been researching and can't find any info, all i find is info on 1" spacers.. The 1" spacers are too big for stock tires (IMO), i'm thinking 5/16" will look right.
  9. M

i've listed it on craigslist (about 15 times), i also wrote for sale with the price/ info/ phone number in the front and rear windows. I'm not getting inquiries, people dont call. I live in a small town east of Houston, TX, but i advertise it in Houston.. I see similar trucks selling for around...
  10. M

A perfect example: the reason I'm sellin my X is because I bought a 2000 mountaineer, one owner, 91k, very clean in and out.. Once I started driving it around things started coming out.. The transmission had a jump going into o/d, didn't feel it that much when I test drove it but then it got...
  11. M

It's a v6 ohv engine. I guess you guys are right, that's probably why it hasn't sold yet. The $2500 offer was yesterday so I guess I'll call him back (I told him I'll think about it). I just see so many cars in the $2000-2500 range that once you buy then you have to dump another $1000 on...
  12. M

Hi guys, i'm selling my X, i've been selling it for the past 3months with no luck!! Its a 98' XLT with 127k miles, rebuilt transmission (1yr ago), new front suspension (all bushings/ shocks), a/c was serviced with new freon (pulled a vacuum/ checked for leaks), new push rods/ rocker arms with...
  13. M

Hi guys, i'm looking to put 5/16" spacers but the wheels studs are not long enough. I know they can be replaced for longer ones but i don't know what lenght/ thread size to buy. Has anyone done this before?? Any one ever installed 5/16" spacers??
  14. M

Trading my X for a Mountaineer!!

yea, the mountaineer is getting to 1/2 tank and it's done 150 miles already!! The x is about the same.. i'm going to pick up a tranny from the salvage yard this monday, i'm really leaning toward buying the awd tranny with the rest of the parts to go awd! i'm thinking if i don't do it now i...
  15. M

Joe Dirt: is your X awd?
  16. M

update: changed the trans fluid and did'nt fix the problem, still doing the same thing. I've decide to go with a used unit from the salvage yard, he'll sell me the 2wd 4r70w for $300 like i mentioned earlier or a awd 4r70w with t/c, front/rear drive shafts and complete front differential for...
  17. M

Oh, about the mpg's, yeah i'm sure the 5.0 will do good, either way i filled up both, the X and the mountaineer and reseted the trip miles, let's see!!! LoL!! I'm driving them both the same, i use one the whole day and the other the next, till gas runs out!
  18. M

Joe Dirt: I will try removing the pan and putting new fluid but i'm not too sure what good that'll do because the transmission by the bottom is painted silver as if someone messed with it, rebuilt it or just made it look new for a reason. it's not like a factory transmission that people run 100k...
  19. M

Went around and got three different estimates. One form the salvage yard on a used tranny for $300/ 30 day guarranty. The other two where from transmission shops, they both said that these transmissions have a common problem with the over drive lock pin, but they say that's not my problem, that...
  20. M

You mean drop the transmission pan and check for something unusual?? What's the turkey/baster/refill? I spoke to my cousin in Miami, FL who owns a transmission shop, he said it sounds like it could be the valve body or the o/d lock pin which are the usual on these transmissions. I just dropped...
  21. M

I went this morning and transfered the title, the guy left to work while i went to pick up my g/f to drive the mounty home. As i was driving it home i notice a jump in the transmission as if it stays in neutral and then grips (40-45mph), it only does it while i drive it slow, when i test drove...
  22. M

i've been reading about the 5.0 mpg's and i'm starting to worry!!
  23. M

Yea, i drove the 5.0 and there is a noticible difference in the way it drives even though it's practically the same truck. Maybe the torsion bars have a different rate on the Mountaineer, plus the v8's torque, it's different. The only down side is that it's a 2wd, i really wanted a 4wd, but i...
  24. M

Thanks! This is my X, i really like both. LoL!! I just like the Mountaineer a little better cause of the mileage, condition, features, the leather and the fact that it has the 5.0.. Even though my X is really clean aswell, minus the extras and engine size.
  25. M

This is the Mountaineer. I'll post pics of my current explorer next, which will be for sale soon, after 8 years!!
Back