Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

Does the 2012 use this fob?

Yes for the Limited there is no Key as far as I remember.
  2. 1

Does the 2012 use this fob?

Does anyone know if the 12 Explorer uses the same remote 5 button key fob as the 2011. Here is the picture of it. I have an extra one and am thinking about selling it, but I want to know if it works for the 2012 as well.
  3. 1

Advice on selling my 2011 Explorer XLT

Mark; Sold it to a dealer in a neighboring state. I lost about 10% on what I paid for it. This doesn't include unrecoverables such as tinting, mask, tax and reg.
  4. 1

Nope it wasn't... Borrowed 44K @0 % for 36... from FMC= 1200 and change a month
  5. 1

I bit the proverbial bullet.. Sad to see it go, but won't miss the 1200 car payment. Yes I took it in the shorts but not horribly. I lost about 10% on the deal.
  6. 1

If it gets that bad, I will sub-lease it or store it for 2 years. It will still be worth 30K
  7. 1

This is fascinating. I'm in the same boat and was just coming here to ask for advice or guidance as to it's value. Because of an unexpected job move I need to sell my 2011 Explorer Limited as well. Mine is almost 3 months old with 1900 miles in MINT condition. Obviously I need to...
  8. 1

MFT version 2.11

JRM, I'm in the TC as well. Can I ask what dealer are you going to for service work? PM me if you want. I think I might want to stay away from them.
  9. 1

Trailer Hitch Conversion to OEM?

Without looking at my vehicle, I can tell you that you will need the following parts plus possibly others. The factory hitch Mounting hardware A new bumper cover Possibly a new bumper The easiest way to do this is get a VIN of a X that has the tow package and take that VIN into...
  10. 1

Replacing bench with 2nd row bucket seats

I would be surprised if you could swap buckets for bench and vice-versa. Seat belt Airbags, wiring harnesses etc
  11. 1

Is there a list of Voice Commands

Recently I saw a member post a grahpic from a Ford ad that had all the voice commands. However I can't find that post. Does anyone know where I can see a list of all 500 or so voice commands?
  12. 1

MFT >> IPOD> Playlist issue

Yes Itunes and MFT 2.8
  13. 1

I have tried 2 Ipods. USB or IPOD> Browse all playlists or play playlist Country, or XXXX gets a message saying no artists/ albums playlists whatever.
  14. 1

When trying to get the MFT to play a playlist, it can never play anything. So today I said "Browse all playlists" The voice comes back and says "no playlists can be found".... WTF However if I go thru the screens to Ipod>> Explore Device>> I have 2 options "Music" or "Explore Device"...
  15. 1

Unlocking doors. How to

Thanks Vic, That worked. And I believe that is how it worked on the Taurus as well.
  16. 1

Unlocking doors. How to

Is there a programming step that I missed in the OM that allows us to enable "All doors to unlock" when unlocking the drivers door via touching the inside of the door handle. My last Ford 2010 SHO had that feature to allow a swipe to unlock all doors rather than just drivers door.
  17. 1

Ford should be ashamed

Guys, We will try talking faster but look at the first video between 2:00 minutes and 3:01 My wife spells the city, it comes up as option one (St Paul). She chooses line 1, then on the next screen it comes up as STERLING and then changes to Duluth. That happens all the time with...
  18. 1

Ford should be ashamed

I have just sent this to Cory. I hope it will help him and their team figure out is the issue. Has anyone else experienced this? Add me to the MFT failure list. My 11 Explorer is less than a month old with 1200 miles on it. The MFT voice controls for lack of a better word are...
  19. 1

Ford should be ashamed

I have to say I enjoy the vehicle but the MFT is worthless. The nav component is a disgrace. We had the opportunity to drive 800 miles last weekend round trip trying to use the Voice Nav option. It was unable to understand my voice or my wifes voice (she is an phone operator btw) and has...
  20. 1

Installing aftermarket DVD headrests

Moo; How much was the install? Did the installer have any challenges?
  21. 1

3M Paint Protection Film

KSN, Wow that is a hefty amount. I had mine done yesterday, 300.00. It included a 24" strip on the hood, mirrors, back bumper and chrome name plates on door sill. Those sills are screaming "scratch me" without any protection
  22. 1

3M Paint Protection Film

KSN, I'm curious, how much $$ would one expect to pay for all that area to be protected?
  23. 1

Inside the Chicago Assembly Plant

Jazny, I'm sure they do. They have lots to park partially completed vehicles waiting for parts. Then they pay employees OT to come in on their off days and install the parts in the parking lot. Of course were speaking of accessory pieces. Not whole components such as engine/tranny ...
  24. 1

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

I had already looked at Tirerack but don't see any 20" x8.5" steel wheels. And yes I forgot about the damn sensors
Back