• Register Today It's free!

Is there a list of Voice Commands

11Limited

Reaction score
City, State
MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
Recently I saw a member post a grahpic from a Ford ad that had all the voice commands. However I can't find that post.

Does anyone know where I can see a list of all 500 or so voice commands?

I believe there are some in the owner's manual, or you can say "voice commands" and it will give you a list to browse on screen.

Recently I saw a member post a grahpic from a Ford ad that had all the voice commands. However I can't find that post.

I think you mean: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320385

Supposedly there are 10,000 voice commands. See my posts in that thread with a link to a video where a ford engineer uses synch.

for example: "Find icecream" really does find icecream shops. It's pretty cool. It does NOT work with specific POIs like: "Find Home Depot" but it will work with "Find Home Improvement Store" which will then give you a list that may include Home Depot

Just found out this morning that "I'm Hungry" is also a voice command! I wish it were advanced enough to make me a sandwich, but it does the next best thing, which is navigate to food places.

I did a web search and haven't found any list of all 10k commands. The most I've found are the basic summaries.

-J

Like yow04xplr said, the Owner’s Manual is a great place to see what voice commands are available. If you don’t already have a digital copy of your Owner’s Manual, you can download the full version for free: Go to Owner.Ford.com > Vehicle Basics > Owner’s Manual and Videos > and select 2011 Explorer from the drop down menus.

You can also go to http://www.syncmyride.com/own/modules/faqmanagement/FaqList.aspx?tagId=12 for more tips!

jrmexplorer, your “I’m Hungry” comment is hilarious!

Cory

Back