Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Need new engine

I'll try and be brief. 2011 Explorer XLT, original owner, 105,000 miles. Never had any issues. Had it service a couple of weeks back, changed air filter, transmission flush, coolant flush, climate system serviced, oil change, etc. Drove it around town for a week. A week ago Friday left for...
  2. S

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

I don't know if it is just a coincidence, but my backup camera no longer works following the update. Just goes to a black screen with the message "Backup camera not working. Please contact your dealer."
  3. S

MFT v3.6 rumor?

More? I'll wager...less, since "Improved system performance" and "Improved screen interactions while using voice" are the sort of non-meaningful 'improvements' that we've heard for every update since 2011. If they meant anything, MFT wouldn't be running like a pig stuck in molasses after 2 1/2...
  4. S

MFT v3.6 rumor?

At this point I'm not sure anyone can expect anything different with regards to these updates. I mean MFT is what it is and barring some ground up rewrite that's all it will be. I'm sure some future generation will get completely revamped hardware and software, but as far as existing units I...
  5. S

iPhone 5 works great with MFT

I have the latest MFT and an iPhone 5 with 6.1.3. I don't get Photo ID on MFT. Did you do something in particular to enable that? This is the first post I've seen suggesting that this works on the iPhone.
  6. S

SYNC Problems and the underlying story

No, I'm not. But the notion that fixing MFT was a simple matter of software was Forbes' assertion, not mine.
  7. S

SYNC Problems and the underlying story

Ford really fumbled the ball on this one. Forbes suggests that fixing MFT is a simple matter of software, yet it remains just as clunky as it was two years ago. Hopefully (for Ford's sake if not mine) they're planning on scrapping MFT in its current state completely and starting over. The...
  8. S

Glitches, strange behaviour...2013 MFT

Something I've noticed about the BT audio glitchiness is that the shorter the stop, the more likely BT audio won't work when I start up. Like pumping gas, or a 5 minute stop at the drugstore. It makes me wonder if MFT goes into some short term hibernation on brief stops, but at some point fully...
  9. S

Glitches, strange behaviour...2013 MFT

I don't have nav, but your experience is pretty much the same as mine. ('11 XLT) I'm used to the molasses-like speed, but I'm frequently infuriated by the Bluetooth audio and its hit and miss functionality. You just never know from one trip to the next if BT audio is going to work. The worst...
  10. S

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

No kidding. I laughed when he suggested that pulling the fuse was easier that pulling a battery cable. It's almost impossible for a full size adult human possessing all 206 bones to access the fuse box and identify and pull that fuse. It takes 30 seconds to unhook the battery.
  11. S

Audible Books

Yes, it was touted as a "new feature." In fact, here's a current link from Ford saying just that: http://syncsupport.ford.com/servlet/technology/performance-upgrade-overview-sync-with-myford-touch#reload Now, doesn't say exactly what "audible support" means, but since you could always...
  12. S

Stupidest change in v3?

Moving the BT Streaming button to page 2 of the audio choices annoys me.
  13. S

MFT -- MS Exchange Poll

Baxterdown...I'm using an iPhone 4s that synchronizes with two different Exchange systems...a corporate exchange system at work based on Exchange 2003, and my personal mail on Exchange 2007 hosted by Rackspace. I'm not seeing the issue that you describe. The only contacts that I show downloaded...
  14. S

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

No kidding. No matter how much classic Aerosmith I threw at it, it refused to change. Yeah, I tried resetting the phone. A little while ago at lunch I finally reset MFT, before I had to have anyone ride with me and subject me to ridicule while I swore up and down that the wife had been...
  15. S

My BT Streaming display has quit updating the current track. It still shows an Alanis Morissette track from several days ago, which is kind of embarrassing. I get the idea I'm going to have to do a System Reset to clear it.
  16. S

Well, I use an iPhone 4s (prev. an iPhone 4) and I still occasionally (though not as often) lose BT Audio Streaming randomly. It's hard for me to blame the phone itself, since I can pair it with two different sets of BT headphones for BT Audio and I've never once had it drop randomly or fail to...
  17. S

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Interesting. I often have wondered if my build (May 4) was on the good side or the bad side of the overheating thing. Since I was able to self install from syncmyride, I guess that means my build was late enough to dodge that bullet after all. Good info.
  18. S

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

Mine showed up yesterday (3/22) in NE Indiana. May 2011 build date. No nav. Of course I already installed it two weeks ago from the SyncMyRide download.
  19. S

This happens to me all the time, and it never happened previous to this upgrade. I'll select BT Audio and it will show it as selected, but FM (or whatever was previously playing) will remain displayed and playing. Clicking BT Audio over and over does nothing (as it's already "selected") and I...
  20. S

Couple of questions - iPhone App & Performance Update Number

I'm going to add a comment here. I had the BT audio streaming issue (I don't use the iPhone via USB at all) with 2.8 and 2.11 and it was pretty irritating. I installed the performance upgrade last Thursday and I have had the same issue still, but it does seem much less frequent. Maybe half as...
  21. S

Freshly Installed MyFord Touch - MFT Performance Upgrade

Ah, my bad. Your quoted section was almost exactly what I'd said above concerning something different. Thought it was my quote. Sorry about that.
  22. S

My issues have nothing to do with text messaging and I never said anything about that.
  23. S

The frustrating thing for me is the "sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't" aspect. Drives me crazier than if it just never worked at all. :( As far as applying a Lemon Law to a balky entertainment system...seems like a long shot no matter where you are. I mean, if the physical components...
  24. S

Actually, I'm still having the exact same problem with intermittent BT Audio connections. That is, BT Audio mysteriously doesn't work about 20% of the time. The phone is connected via BT, and I can make and receive calls. But music streaming via the media player's BT simply won't work. The only...
Back