Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Wanted 3" Exhaust tubing

I need to know if anyone can bend some exhaust tubing to match the original after the muffler in 3 inch tubing. Needs to be shipped APO. No one where I am stationed has this ability whatsoever...pretty sad right? I can pay via Paypal for parts labor and shipping. Please anyone let me...
  2. P

Rich smelling exhaust and rough throttle

Update. Okay I feel really silly. I bought this truck from a not very intelligent individual. He had already replaced to spark plugs and one wire. Well apparently he crossed the put the number 4 and 8 cylinder backwards. So I have been running on 8 cylinders and so had he...Oh man I swapped...
  3. P

How to: Quick Blend Door Actuator removal for Gen II

I'm replying to the 3rd or 4th post. Yes they did change the actuator configuration. It does not just "pop off" with a slotted screw driver. You have to go in with (in my case) a 8mm ratchet. That infamous third screw will come off with an 8mm socket and a 1/4" drive. It takes some patience but...
  4. P

How to: Quick and Easy 2nd gen Blend Door Replacement Tutorial

fixed my a/c!! I used these instructions today. My Ex is the same year and type as this but I had to go through removing the actuator that was bolted with 8mm Bolts not 5/16. My blend door turned out not be broken just the actuator. But I had already ordered the blend door repair kit from rock...
  5. P

Bad Cat?

I've been trying to diagnose this problem for a while now with little success. My Ex is riding pretty rough. I've been looking into the bad cat possibility but need advice. Symptoms: 1.very poor fuel economy 2 loss of power 3. bucking/shaking 4. the fuel smells very rich. no rotten egg...
  6. P

Fpr The FPR seems to be working correctly. The engine is still running rough. I think is O2 sensor but no codes. All cylinders firing from coil.
  7. P

Fpr I had thought of that as well. I removed the vacuum line there was no fuel leakage or odor I could remove the whole thing but woul it be a pain.
  8. P

Rough throttle I just finished doing that a week ago. The person I bought it from had done it incorrectly and was running around with 7 of 8 cyliners firing. I'll go through and check again. And let you know.
  9. P

Hey I posted elsewhere but no responses. I noticed my exhaust smells alot like gasoline and when I accelerate or open the throttle at idle I get a very rough response as in the engine shakes violently. I thought it could be the O2 sensor but I'm not throwing any codes. Thoughts?
  10. P

Body shake from engine (seemingly)

Rough runnning Alright I figured out why it was running so roughly and also feel foolish. The guy I bought my Ex from had bought new plugs and wires (the kind you have to assemble) well apparently he had installed two new plugs and one wire. I assume because of the difficulty he quit. Well the...
  11. P

How do I diagnose such thing? Where to begin?
  12. P

I love Ford I just wish they didn't cut corners on the little stuff. It's a severe PITA

I love Ford I just wish they didn't cut corners on the little stuff. It's a severe PITA
  13. P

:salute::us: First off I would like to think absolutely everyone for the Perfect info from experienced forum members. Have saved me at least $2000 in repairs so far. I'm in the U.S. Army and stationed in Germany have been in Europe 5 yrs. That aside: I bought a 97 Ford Ex from a sloppy DIY...
  14. P

Lamp Out Module fixed easily! THX!!

Fixed LOM Great info I spent hours tring to fix the issue till I found this thread. I found the LOM and indeed it was burnt. I soldered the unit and reinstalled and only my driver's side headlamp illuminated. Dissapointing. I found out after I bought it that someone had spliced the passenger...
  15. P

Headlight Problems

I seem to have a unique problem my drive lights or functioning. My high beams are functioning but my low beams are not. I have a 97 Eddie Bauer 5.0. I've checked the fuses. I've replaced the switch and bulbs but still not working. Could someone please offer some more advise I need this truck to...
Back