Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Which first upgrade from stock is best

first thing I would do is add an aux trans cooler and filter. I know, your asking what does that have to do with playing in the mud. But for under $100 you might be extending the life of that tranny that is going to be a costly item to fix if you tear it up "playing" The way I had done this...
  2. H

MAF to Throttle Body Intake Tube First Generation Explorer - Build Your Own

if you can weld you can build one from 3" exhaust pipe. 3" exhaust pipe is alot closer to 3" OD than the 3" pvc with and OD of ~3.5". You can also "flatten" out the tube alittle in the tight spots if you need to, making it more of an oval. I made one long tube from the filter to the TB...
  3. H

Love my Explorer

on your power seat, your switch is probably going/gone out. If you get the switch out and pull it apart you will probably find a burnt/broken contact. Sometimes you can push in on the switch and then push the button foward and it will work. This is how it is on my passenger seat to go back. I...
  4. H

Anyone here have the Ranger lower valance installed on their X?

just to the outside of the gap. get both points seccured there first and then work to the bumper ends
  5. H

What wheels will fit???

just make sure you do a little figuring on a set of wheels if you are going to buy them. I made fairly general statements based on the experience I have had. There are alot of parts out there and some of them might be different than what i have seen. I seem to remember hearing 3rd gen rims...
  6. H

What wheels will fit???

the 1st and 2nd gens should be pretty close. the 3rd gens are a little off but you could run them if you wanted to, I did. You will have to cut holes in the center caps if you don't get the ranger caps with the holes already there. not really a big deal if you use a hole saw.
  7. H

i just installed an aftermarket switch in the stock location. I'm sure you could wire in the factory switch with the correct bezel if you want. I don't remember taking note if the factory harness was there when i put my switch in
  8. H

another one. install is easier than you would think :thumbsup:
  9. H

Rocker Rust

i think that hose may actually be the drain for a sunroof. Seems like it comes down the B-pillar on my ride
  10. H

moon roof

you can find them on ebay Here's one There was another auction that ended a couple days ago for one for like $20. Just keep your eyes open. Also check with the guys on the board or on ebay that are parting out explorers and might not have listed everything they have
  11. H

interior upgrades!!

check your auto parts store in the electrical section (its ok to ask for help too). There should be something there you can use to add a circuit to the fuse box. There may also be un-used fuse slots that you could use. Grounding to the body should be fine just make sure you have a good...
  12. H

interior upgrades!!

you should only need a power wire and a ground wire. There may be more there if the seats had the memory option but there will be other things you will need to get that to work. if you are just trying to get the 6-way power going you only need the 2 wires.
  13. H

3rd Gen Steering Wheel Controls

those kits require the HU you are trying to control to have a remote with it. It basically takes the input from the steering wheel control and replicates the IR signal that would come from the remote for a given function. When you mount it, you have to have line of site between the little light...
  14. H

interior upgrades!!

lookin good :thumbsup: i just swapped my '91 leathers for some nicer ones from a '98
  15. H

yakima basket

i'd say whatever you can get somebody to pay!!! Your best bet would be to put it in the for sale forum and ask for offers. If you get one you would take then there you go. Just keep in mind alot of times people will pick up something on the spur of the moment if it is a go deal. If they...
  16. H

Rocker Rust

its not that hard to actually do the metal work ( given you have access to the tools) and if you have a buddy that can weld it up for you, even better. The hardest part is painting after. if you look though the pics in my sig you might see a little of what you are in for let me know if you...
  17. H

Anyone with a 94 Ford Explorer Sport Truck!

if you are jumping the solenoid with a screwdriver the solenoid is probably shot. Replace it and you should be good to go. You can check the solenoid for conductivety. that will tell you if it is bad. Replacement is like $10.
  18. H

Bad low end

you can do several bolt ons that will wake it up. But you have to remember you are starting with somewhere around 145 stock hp. and your truck isn't as light as a car. its not a race car and an intake isn't going to make it one. If you want to make it all around a little more lively.....do...
  19. H

Block Sealer

my dad used it on a older grandprix my sister was using. i would say if the car doesn't have alot of value to it (aka don't use in a new mint condition car) go for it. Just make sure you know how these things work. You are basically flooding the system with little metal shavings that will...
  20. H

so ya wana cheap lift

glad somebody mentioned the alignment. It's the cost that nobody ever seems to want to report in these kinds of threads :confused: But i guess that would be making the assumption you did get an alignment :thumbsup:
  21. H

Blue Under Passenger Door Moulding

sounds to me like the door is not original. I would say your best bet for looks without cost is to put the molding back on until you can pay for the repaint
  22. H

1st gen-2/3 interior compatability

you can modify the seat mounting points as suggested or re-use your current tracks on different seats. The tracks will swap onto at least 2nd gens. oh, power seats and all that for an upgrade is another story.....
  23. H

water under carept "soaked"

yep, sounds like what i was getting with my leaking windshield
  24. H

How to: Receiver Hitch storage basket (Welding project)

this is the one i threw together for my dad's envoy. They needed extra space for a 3 week camping trip out to CO. We built it so the rear hatch would still open with it installed. And here it is "offroad"....he isn't an offroader by any means and that was his corporate car so ....And as...
Back