Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

99 sohc 4.0 to 96 5.0 swap questions

hmmmmm I'm thinking the extra what 35 lbs of torque isn't worth it
  2. X

99 sohc 4.0 to 96 5.0 swap questions

ok first off sorry for not being more active I haven't really needed any help since I 5 speed swapped my 96 in 2011.. so technically I'm not a new member just been 6 years since I logged on lol I now have a 99 eddie 4x4 4.0 that I have successfully 5 speed swapped and recently got ahold of a...
  3. X

Auto to 5 speed questions

it only cost me ~300 to do my full swap im vegas tranis are 160 clutch with flywheel 75 hydrolics 15 pedles 10 computer 25 driveshaft modded there unsure which it was alum and i think off a 2 dr auto and put a 5 speed yoke 25 hell while i was there got my 3L73 for 30 the hardest...
  4. X

Battery Light Flickers

ok so i finished my 5 speed swap still need to work out a few bugs ie. speedo dosent work reverce lights.. anyways since the swap my battery light flickers and everytime it does it its like th ignition was shut of for .002 seconds pretty much as quick as the light flashes it does it at crusing...
  5. X

trani whine??

so i did my 5 speed swap and over filled the flid a bit but the ds seal was leaking so i left it alone now after 1 month its whineing 1-3 under power just changed my rear to 373s and now its doing this im pretty sure its comming from the trani my s10 always did it for 5+ years till i sold it do...
  6. X

drive shaft issue help

so extending is my only option there is no ds that is the correct length other than a ds from a 4 dr 5 speed
  7. X

drive shaft issue help

yeah just realised the ds is wrong needs to be almost 10 inchs longer so now where do i get a ds i know a 4 dr 5 speed 4x2 but not many around i found one but there was someone driving it so i doubt i could buy that one how about an ext cab ranger orrr???
  8. X

drive shaft issue help

ds appeares to be the correct length just wrong yoke to the trans slightly too small
  9. X

drive shaft issue help

so i did my 5 speed swap and realised my ds from the auto dosent fit can i simply get a 5 speed yoke and put on my auto ds or do i have to find a whole 5 speed ds my truck is 4dr by the way
  10. X

trans issue

first off im new sorry if repost but i couldnt search anything so i just picked up a 96 xl 4.0 auto drove it straight home caus the alternator was toast drove it last night the temp gauge goes to red i rev it a bit goes to 3/4 so on and so forth after cold start sitting for 12 hours it takes 2...
Back