Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Replaced vac. canister/ball,,,,this is weird,,,plz read

55 views and no answers? Come on people. Little help here.
  2. W

How To: Pull Trouble Codes on a 1st Gen Explorer (paperclip method)

Don: Good morning. Yeah, I thought about that after I typed that (cost of three O2's will be more than cost of scanner) and was waiting for the bashing. From my Ford experience and this truck being a 96,,,I'm betting it's time for O2's anyhow.
  3. W

Darn. No parts stores I go to will check OBD II anymore. However, they will sell me a scanner for bookoo dollars. No thanks, I'll do it the old fashioned way and replace all O2 sensors, unplug batt for awhile and see what happens. They are original equipment, so it's prob time to replace anyhow.
  4. W

New crisis.....ABS light on

I've read here it can be as easy as pulling the sensor off wheel assembly and cleaning exciter ring and contacts. Mine is on too.
  5. W

Wonder if i can do same on a 96. Bookmarked thread just in case
  6. W

Aftermarket speakers

I recently added 4 Sony 5 1/2" or were they 5 n 1/4" speakers to all doors. Purchased at Wally world. Added a 10" MTX sub and amp. Not the loudest, but much better than stock. Did not amp the speakers but prob should have. My first ever install and was quite easy.
  7. W

Replaced vac. canister/ball,,,,this is weird,,,plz read

Used the thread and went step by step. Replaced my ball with one purchased off ebay. The vac. line going to the little siver thing in front of big black box (engine side attached to firewall) was so brittle that it broke when i touched it. No way to tell if the two vac. lines running...
  8. W

Post up your audio system!

I know it's just my opinion, but that much bass,,,,the rattling of windows,,,,the breaking of windshields,,,,,is just stupid. Yeah, that makes music really enjoyable. Not. Now, before you take my comment all personal. I like EVERYTHING from five Finger Death Punch to Michael Buble (just no...
  9. W

Post up your audio system!

You aren't kidding. So much for storage room. Haaaaa. Wait til you see my meager system.
  10. W

Anyone ever replace the carpet? 4 Door

Thnx. Mine might be beyond repair, but I guess it's worth a shot. Thnx so much for the links!!!!!
  11. W

Anyone ever replace the carpet? 4 Door

Trying to revive this beast on the cheap. Last owner NEVER cleaned the interior, it stinks, and it's that terrible blu-ish colr that Ford thought was so nice. Should I look for a used carpet or just hit up ebay and get it from there? :salute: (If it wasn't for the little bit of heat...
  12. W

96 Ex Power Window Bushing Fix with Pics!

Free "bump" for a great post. I don't get the whole "drilling a hole to get at a bolt" because you sure don't have to do it in a Mustang. Both front windows of my 96 don't work. Well, the drivers side does go down with "help." The passenger side door switch wont even activate the motor, but I...
  13. W

96 explorer parting out

Pass side window motor if ya still have it. I think u already sold the drivers side.
  14. W

How to: 2nd Gen NO AC ( or heat) FROM VENTS!!! A "How to" what to look for thread

Don't know if it's the same part #, but I ordered it anyways: Found a vacuum ball off a 96-98 Explorer V8 (I have the 4.0) with vacuum lines still attached to globe. For $20 to my door, I jumped all over it.
  15. W

4th Gen VERY SAFE and don't drive tired!!!

WOW! Yes, Ford does build a very safe vehicle! I rolled and wrecked an 06 F150 SuperCrew lifted 4x4 and walked away with bumps n bruises. Wish my wreck was from being tired and not drunk. Oh well, hell of a way to learn a lesson. Get ya another and keep moving forward sir.
  16. W

Proper intro w/pics

Was originally $1100, but she immediately went to 900 as soon as I walked away when the AC blew out the defrost instead of vents. (Knew it wasn't going to be a hard fix anyway) Interior: The color is atrocious, the carpet is friggin nasty. Mod's: Hmmmm, good question. How bout none. Money is...
  17. W

Check Engine Light

My 96 is OBD 1 so Advanced Auto doesn't carry the equipment for it. Guy told me there is a way to count the blinking check engine light (when ya can get it to do it) and this will give you the code to go look for. I'm gonna start with replacing O2 sensors, unhooking the battery for a few...
  18. W

Proper intro w/pics

I was given a free head unit and two speakers. I am also going to be given an amp to run the four door speakers and I already have a 10" woofer with an amp already. The POS that came out of the truck. Going straight into the garbage!
  19. W

Proper intro w/pics

Ok, here's my 900 dollar beater. Not cleaned at all inside probably in it's whole life. (I will fix that.) 143K miles. Odometer works when it feels like it, so who really knows the miles. Issues: 1) A/C blows out of dash/defrost, but after registering here i know where to go to fix. 2) Window...
  20. W

Temp gauge barely moves,,,,,,

Thnx Kainon, will do. Cheap fix and easy fix.
  21. W

Ebay Intake installed with pics

To bad you are sucking hot air from engine bay and the fenderwell.
  22. W

How many miles do you all have?

Don't really know to be honest with ya. New to my '96 and when purchased it had 143K. Went on it's first road trip the other night and noticed that the odometer works only when it wants to. Haaaa
  23. W

Temp gauge barely moves,,,,,,

quite the possibility. I do have a check engine light n abs idiot light on. Truck will be getting a thorough going through soon. Check engine light doesn't bother me since I'll get codes read and already planned on doing O2 sensors. Now the ABS light,,,,whole 'nuther issue.
Back