Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

No Key Detected

I have 2011 Explorere Limited. Today I shut it off in the car wash and when it ended it would not start even with the key in my pocket. Screen showed "no key detected". Finally I got out of the car and got the spare key I had in the back and it started. At the Ford place it worked fine with...
  2. A

Please welcome - The Ford IVT Team

Thanks that worked like a charm when I finally got to the fuse standing on my head it seemed. Andy
  3. A

Please welcome - The Ford IVT Team

My 2011 Explorer MFT has gone blank again. Received the X June 22 and had it in in July for a blank MFT screen. Tec said there was a connection that was not seated. Today when it quit the service dept advised not enough time to run update that it needed and since I have a trip planned...
  4. A

Navigation Screen Is Blank

Navigation My Ford Touch screen was blank I was lucky that the tech at the dealership found a loose connection and everything seems to be working fine now. Andy
  5. A

Navigation Screen Is Blank

I have been very happy with my 2011 LTM Explorer until today (received it June 22, 2011)when I noticed not only is the rear camera not working the entire screen is black. I have an appointment tomorrow am and I hope this is something simple. Afraid I am skeptical. So my navigation and all...
  6. A

Happy Owner

Well my Explorer finally arrived in Paris, Tn after being sent by rail to Atlanta last week. Gold Leaf, Ltm, 4 WD. trailer package with Navigation. It is going to take awhile to learn to operate all the gadgets but I am looking forward to it. The drive is already worth the wait. Pictures...
  7. A

Dealer Has Software to Track Your Vehicle

I found out yesterday that Ford Dealers have access to a program that can track you EX in transit from Chicago via rail. My X was due 6/15 but has gone through Tennessee into Georgia for some reason. I ordered it on 4/8/11 and hope to get it this weekend or next week. Program is called...
  8. A

Explorer Build Week of June 6, 2011

Does anyone else have a build week this week? It has been 8 weeks since I placed my order and hopefully should receive my X this month. Also not sure how long the process takes when it actually enters the production line. Thanks. Andy
  9. A

Order process with 2011 Explorer

My dealer said my order status has changed to bucked. Does anyone know the complete order process? It was in process. I think I am getting closer as I now have a copy of the window sticker. Andy
  10. A

Production of Explorers per day or week?

Does anyone have the number of 2011 Explorers that are being produced each day or week? I am curious as I wait to hear more about my X that was ordered on April 8, 2011. I do have a VIN number but that is all at this time. Andy :us:
  11. A

What's the latest on delivery timelines?

I am still waiting on my Explorer info. I placed the order on April 8, 2011 and am told the dealer will get an allocation this week. I am wondering if the Limited and 4 wheel drive is slowing the process down? Andy West Tennessee
  12. A

Has Anyone Heard of Parts Delay Issue Delaying Build Dates?

Parts shortage Yes my dealer mentioned they may be a delay due to a parts shortage but I did not get any details. I ordered a Limited, 4 wd, towing package, with Navigation etc on April 8, 2011. Andy
  13. A

Order is in, waiting for dealer to process...

I am trying to send a PM to Seni. But I am not sure how to accomplish this. Maybe somebody will send me some directions as I need one of those dummy manuals. Thanks. A Hooper
  14. A

Follow up to my note about ordering a 2011 x LTM with 4wd etc. My dealer is number F23045 (Joe Mahan Ford) in Paris, TN and the order number is 5006. And the confirmation date is April 8, 2011. I ordered Gold Leaf, Pwr Liftgate, Roof Rack, Trailer Tow and Nav system. I am hoping to hear...
  15. A

Ordered my X on April 8, 2011. My Paris, TN dealer said they have an allocation but I do not have a VIN or other info. I do have a copy of the order confirmation. Andy
  16. A

Hello from West Tennessee

New Member Thanks. I just sold my 2005 Honda Pilot EX- L with navigation etc. but I had a Explorer and Expedtion years ago. Andy Hooper
  17. A

Hello from West Tennessee

Hello folks. I just joined the forum. I ordered a 2011 Explorer 3 weeks ago and have since sold both of my vehicles this past week. I was told that Ford was having a problem building 4 wheel drives due to supplier issues. Hope that is a temporary thing. Thanks. Andy Paris,TN
Back