Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

New here Q. about manual hub conversion

Ahh ok, that makes sense. Its the threads are worn. Thanks for the tip, almost thought I was doing something wrong even though I knew I wasn't. :wtf: I will give your method a shot this weekend, see if I can get it dialed in.
  2. W

New here Q. about manual hub conversion

Since were on the subject of TTB front wheel bearings I have a question.. When setting preload I set the inner spindle nut as descripbed above but when I torque the outer bearing to 150 ft lbs it seems to increase the preload of the wheel bearings making it much harder to spin the wheel. I...
  3. W

rear gas tank door area fixes

Anyone had any luck finding that rear quarter for a 2dr? Called National Parts Depot, they said they only carry parts for the F-Series and Bronco's? :banghead:
  4. W

Rear SOA, whats involved?

:rolleyes: Guess I was searching impaired.... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46236&highlight=soa
  5. W

Rear SOA, whats involved?

Searched some but havent come up with what I'm looking for. What all is involved to do this? Anyone know where i can find a start to finish write up? I've heard the rear shocks can be reused if the shock position is kept realative, what about the spring perches, how do i relocate these...
  6. W

Super Lift 4 1/2" on 1st gen

Yeah, Thanks! That helps alot, I will measure tommorrow.
  7. W

What the???:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  8. W

How do I tell if I have 4 or 5 1/2 coils, If I droop the suspension can I mesure them to find out? I dont mind having the extra inch in front, but I want it to be level, I havent meassured the front / rear yet but it does look like the rear sits a little lower, even when I did it and used the...
  9. W

Hmmm... I bet anything that's what happened to mine, how did you know they were the wrong ones? If that's the case, since my front is done, they can swap my back springs to 5 1/2 since that is easy.
  10. W

Power Loss??

well... It was a FPR, It wants to get it now:D
  11. W

Power Loss??

That was like one of the 1st things I tried, I got a barley totaled 93 ranger 4 liter that I boroughrd it from and that motor runs perfect, It acted the same way.
  12. W

Ok, Last weekend me and my buddy put this kit on, in the instructions it said for the 4 1/2 use the top holes on the drop brackets for the axle, ok, so that's what we did. Well I take it to go get an alignment yesterday at a shop that specializes in odd ball jobs, well I get a call back saying...
  13. W

Power Loss??

Oh yeah, I've been resetting the krap out of that thing, they should come form the factory with a reset button like pc's:D I'm putting on a FPR tonight, we will see. Its just acting to wierd, if it is running rich you'd think the holes in the airbox would of leaned it out a little and made...
  14. W

Power Loss??

Thanks for your help, All these items I'm replacing I really don't feel too bad about cause it has 175K miles, I'm the second owner and other than preventative maintanance this truck has not been touched. I think I will go with a FPR and check return line, if that ain't it I will have a pro...
  15. W

Power Loss??

Ok, did a search didn't really find anything that is quite like my prob, so maybe you guys can help me out. 92 Explorer, 175K, lately the fuel pump has been making some noise so I replaced it and the fuel filter, at the same time I replaced the exhaust with a cat back Flowmaster, kept throwing...
  16. W

STX Explorer?

Well, Got it finished up today, looks sweet! Got my 31's on, sits so much higher now, I'm gonna try to get some pics up tommorrow.
  17. W

STX Explorer?

Well, after pretty much settling in on coil spacers and shackles, I talked to my buddy, he talked me into doin a 4" superlift, so bought one today, planing on doin it tommorrow. Any tips to make this go smoother?
  18. W

STX Explorer?

after installing those coil spacers, did you need the aftermarket camber bushings?
  19. W

STX Explorer?

good, those things look interesting to say the least, thanks alot guys for all your help. Jason
  20. W

STX Explorer?

Yeah, thats what I figured, Body Lift would be a job. Cool, thats what I'll do then, shackels and spacers. The coil spacers your talking about, are like the ones that go in between the springs, then you crank the bolts to spread them? Did you guys notice a harsher ride after doing this?
  21. W

STX Explorer?

I've got 31 M/T's on the Ranger and I've never had them rub, I read somewhere the STX package gave 2 inches over stock 4 by. Yeah... lift blocks won't do me much good, where's a good place to get the shackles from? This is just my tow rig for my rail, and camping where I do I need a little...
  22. W

STX Explorer?

I kinda have a unique situation, I have a 94 Ranger STX thats been totaled, and a 92 Exploder thats just asking for some sort of lift to atleast get 31's on it, can I just swap coils in front add the lift blocks to the back and call it a day, or is there some catch I'm over looking??
Back